Dragon Age 4

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Dragon Age 4

Post by Pewps »

phpBB [video]

I can't remember if I'm the only person excited for this or not
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Dragon Age 4

Post by Pewps »

I am wondering if the Inquisitor will be the main character again, considering this appears to be a continuation of DA:I's story. A lot of people are speculating that Bioware would give the Inquisitor some sort of magic robot hand that would stuff in gameplay, but honestly I'd rather hope for an entirely new main character, and the Inquisitor being a person who sends you on missions and stuff.

BUT I DUNNO
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I was really bummed when we didn't see the Warden in DA2 but the new hero every game thing has ended up being something I really liked and I hope it continues.
hi
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

i didnt play dlc but did i miss a magic robo hand campaign
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Wimble wrote:i didnt play dlc but did i miss a magic robo hand campaign
How you not gonna play the flippin dlc for inquisition
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pretty sure Anthem is going to kill bioware
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

fallenchicken wrote:Pretty sure Anthem is going to kill bioware
Have you played it? I haven't really been following it, is it a shitshow?

I just need Bioware to exist to finish off the Dragon Age series, then they can die or whatever
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Gonna play The Division 2 Chkn?
hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pewps wrote:
fallenchicken wrote:Pretty sure Anthem is going to kill bioware
Have you played it? I haven't really been following it, is it a shitshow?

I just need Bioware to exist to finish off the Dragon Age series, then they can die or whatever
it's mass effect 76.

hell yeah the division
stan van bundy
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

I finally bought an Xbox One just to play Red Dead Redemption 2. It's good!
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

post a picture of ur horse, chak.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Apparently Anthem doesn't have anything equivalent to Destiny's raids, just 3 dungeons/strikes at end-game
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

I think Chkn is right, I think this game is going to tank but Anthem is really starting to grow on me. The problem I see is that the low level experience doesn't get you new load-out options fast enough so the cool shit you can do once you've played a javelin for a while doesn't really come into shape until later.
hi
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

The menus are so dumb. I can't understand this interface half the time. And no chat why is this multiplayer?

Still it's fun to be a robot with a jetpack and zooming around the map with badfo and grel was fun.

Good foundation, needs improvement
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

think i'm just going to wait for the division 2 unless like one of you says there is a secret great bioware game hidden among the meh
stan van bundy
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

The core gameplay is a lot of fun. There's things that detract from that like loading screens and mission design. I think there could be a lot of improvements on the gear screens to help filter things better. Like you can filter your guns by type but not your components. I'd also like to filter by bonuses (like show me every item with an Electricity bonus).

Freeplay is really fun and I like the boss fights. I like freezing things and blowing them up.

The classes all feel very different (well 3/4, I still haven't played ranger but I assume it does, too). And the options within the classes do seem to matter and open up different playstyles. I've spent like 95 percent of my time playing a wizard and not touching shotguns, but I got an orange shotgun that increases weapon damage by 200% after reloading and tried it out and it was a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from how I was playing.

I've got ~33 hours in and have enjoyed myself. Never played one of these before though.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

It's fine. In addition to everything bado said, the guns aren't as interesting as they should be - the mass effect arsenal feels better. The comboing mechanic I think feels refined from ME and is great. electrocuting guys with my mace and then hitting them with a wrist rocket is aces.

The flying feels great but honestly I think it hurts their level design a lot. Everywhere you go is beautiful - no where you go is interesting. I think Mass Effect Andromeda had a similar problem.

I'm gonna play the Division 2. For better or worse I have higher expectations for that game.
hi
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I have fun. Chat systems and crap menus are annoying, and yes guns could be better.

But core stuff is all really cool. I like mage and ranger a lot. I like that a get all "classes" in one play through.

More cosmetics, better menus and features, and I guess some endgame (I'm not at cap but apparently it's bland) would make this game pretty bellissimo
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

it's not even the technical problems, the unfinished game world, that it is to DC as Marvel is to Destiny or something, but how bad the narrative portion of the game is. Bioware is just done. Like DA 2 had all these problems, but still had an ambitious narrative that was uniquely bioware and made the whole thing worth it. This shit is such garbage man. Just put the company out of its misery.

I am with grel in that I am confused about how much confidence I have in the division 2 and yet here we are; the division 2 will be pretty good, is coming out in a couple weeks, and there is no reason to waste your time with Anthem.
stan van bundy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

stan van bundy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

I'd be pretty pissed if the project I'd been working on for two years got summarily trashed while I was on loan fighting fires for other teams.
hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Seriously. Especially when it sounds like they were making the dragon age game that everyone actually wants! but got taken off the project to go put out a massive piece of shit in anthem, only to turn around and find out that they threw out the good game in order to make dragon anthen. Bioware was so important to my childhood. Kotor is still my all time fav game. This is just awful to see.
stan van bundy