divinity shit

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

divinity shit

Post by pano »

So i guess like 30 of us play this now

So i dunno really how to structure the team. I read that stacking either physical or magical dmg helps because of the way the different shields work.

I like the idea of inquisitors because they seem self sustaining, as does anything with a shield. I feel like I could make Fane geo/hydro so that he can heal the party and poison himself.

Also I "mained" Fane but I'm wondering if I should've mained someone else cos Fane has a cool voice actor. Red prince, Sebille and Beast are all excellent tho so I'm not unhappy.

Great game tho I'm very enjoy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Re: divinity shit

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I just think staves kind of suck unless you plan on being a caster heavily focused in warfare in which case are you even really a caster?
hi
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Also you can put 1pt into warfare to use shield toss which does physical damage based on the shield's block value and only 2 turn cd which is pretty bloody handy for a caster.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Everyone else is like "Let's go charge the keep with bad guys in it"

fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I can't imagine what this game is like playing co op. I mean really cool it's an option but it so complicated and feels like such a single player game. It just seems like... Chaos. I am down to do a selkath 4 man run after i beat the game on my own though.

I'm not great at the game, but getting better. Here is the wisdom I have learned (IMO):
Wands>staves. I actually have my mage dual wielding them, didn't consider using a wand shield combo which is probably better
I'm having a lot of luck with a two-handed knight, a rogue with magic abilities, and two elemental casters, one with a focus on buffs, healing--particularly, healing statuses and buffing magical armor. The cheapest shit is when they freeze, bind, blind, terrify, and charm you. And they will do it a lot.
Magic Armor is the most important shit. Especially when you get to act 2.
A Poly(morph) rogue with wings and teleport and haste is extremely useful. The elf is my rogue and she can get back and fourth around the battlefield in a flash. I get my ass kicked a lot and it's often because I can't get my frontline characters where they need to be in time. So mobility and spells like teleport (get the teleport gloves in Fort Joy, you will use them the whole game) are essential.
Speaking of teleporting, get the teleport pyramid things on the boat after the first act. They are extremely overpowered, cheap, and life saving. You can move them back and foruth between your party members even when they are not close to you, and use them to transport characters all around the map and even escape battles that way. '
Don't talk to the fucking scarecrow.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Me and Crimson just started Act 2. We're playing on Explorer mode cause Crimson rushes into dialogue, talks shit and gets us killed. So far I think we've probably missed out on half a dozen side quests from killing NPCs prematurely from botched dialogue. I think he angered a god once too.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I've found the cat familiar very useful for positioning my mage at least, but i read it's kinda luck of the draw who he follows initially?

Grel and i are on classic mode and we save liberally and get pantsed semi regularly. It's fun though. There's an extremely satisfying feeling when you can see you're in control of a fight.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Wimble wrote:I've found the cat familiar very useful for positioning my mage at least, but i read it's kinda luck of the draw who he follows initially?

Grel and i are on classic mode and we save liberally and get pantsed semi regularly. It's fun though. There's an extremely satisfying feeling when you can see you're in control of a fight.
I think the cat approaches whoever is the 'leader' of the game? I'm not sure, but I have him on our save and he's been incredibly useful in some spots for getting my melee guy around the battlefield.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

The cat approaches the leader, but I think any character can swap places with him? Only my main can summon him though
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I feel like if I ever wanted to play this game on higher difficulties than Classic, I’d just make a full team of undead, cause using poison to heal is way easier than normal means of healing. Most poison abilities leave puddles AND they leave a DoT. So you get healing from movin around in it, the direct damage from the initial attack and the heal over time. It’s good shit. Also infinite lock picks. Play dead sucks but everything else makes up for it.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Poison can catch fire though so it's a double edged sword i guess
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

NO SALO

OK?
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

Salo's been using play dead real well. I'd put it on par with Dorf Touch, better than encourage, and weaker than Flesh Sacrifice.
hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I don't want to spoil anything and I don't know if it will go down the same way for ya'll but The black pits were my own personal Vietnam. Two hour long battle, the whole map in flames.
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

fallenchicken wrote:I don't want to spoil anything and I don't know if it will go down the same way for ya'll but The black pits were my own personal Vietnam. Two hour long battle, the whole map in flames.
lol grel and i just got this quest uh oh

Play dead is useful cos I've made Fane kind of support, but I'm gonna assume Pewps' undead is on the frontlines taking big hits n shit, and maybe it doesn't have as many applications there.

Also I just discovered polymorph tree and its bloody great. Metal skin spell is beautiful.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Wimble wrote:
fallenchicken wrote:I don't want to spoil anything and I don't know if it will go down the same way for ya'll but The black pits were my own personal Vietnam. Two hour long battle, the whole map in flames.
lol grel and i just got this quest uh oh

Play dead is useful cos I've made Fane kind of support, but I'm gonna assume Pewps' undead is on the frontlines taking big hits n shit, and maybe it doesn't have as many applications there.

Also I just discovered polymorph tree and its bloody great. Metal skin spell is beautiful.
I'm a strength polymorph
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Divinity 2 and the Witcher 3 are the best rpgs of this generation so far. this game is just blowing me away. The writing, the world building, the way your choices matter and radically change both your experience in the game and the way the narrative turns out. Sometimes I play Divinity and am like, this could have been you, Bioware. They should take the money they give bioware to make their wanna be Destiny game and give it to Larian to make a big budget rpg for good boys.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

hey let me use this source in front of a bunch of magisters while you're talking to one of them for a quest- crimson
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pewps wrote:hey let me use this source in front of a bunch of magisters while you're talking to one of them for a quest- crimson
So like, in co op, each person has their individual conversation with the npcs? Or do you participate in group convos and like vote on the answer, what to say, which could change the course of the narrative. I just have no idea how this game works in co op lol.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

fallenchicken wrote:
Pewps wrote:hey let me use this source in front of a bunch of magisters while you're talking to one of them for a quest- crimson
So like, in co op, each person has their individual conversation with the npcs? Or do you participate in group convos and like vote on the answer, what to say, which could change the course of the narrative. I just have no idea how this game works in co op lol.
Yeah each person has their own convos, other players can listen in to them. Usually on big decisions or after big decisions, the group will talk among itself, but those choices don't really matter other than to flesh out your character. Like the above screenshot, my guy was like "This isn't a good idea" but everyone else was like "Fuck yeah murder". Even if we all said it was a bad idea, we could still go up there and kill everyone
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Pewps are you playing your game as multiplayer? Grel and i are technically playing my single player game but i give him control of Sebille and Prince every time i invite him.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Wimble wrote:Pewps are you playing your game as multiplayer? Grel and i are technically playing my single player game but i give him control of Sebille and Prince every time i invite him.
Ya, Me and Crimson made our own chars. He controls Losche and I control Red Prince
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

One thing that might be really fun is to only play with another person and for the both of you to take lone wolf
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

these fascists need to stop stealing my source.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Me and Crimson beat it. I started a new game, we prolly missed like 30%-40% of the quests. I know just in Act I we missed the whole Gargoyle Maze, never cured the fire pigs, never found Lord Withermore, just missed a ton of shit.