Battlefront2

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Battlefront2

Post by pano »

Apparently EA locked everything behind a paywall and the subreddit is going into meltdown.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Battlefront2

Post by fallenchicken »

Who is getting it? The paywall is really shitty and hpefully the raging nerds get ea to change it. Im probably going to get it regardless.
stan van bundy
Thaed
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Thaed »

I'd get it if they dropped lootboxes from the progression system/got rid of p2w bullshittery.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I got it. Played it some over the weekend. Looks great, gunplay is okay. I'm a little bummed they haven't put the customization stuff in yet but they say that's coming. Shooters aren't really my thing but I do want to have the option of playing a 20v20 match so it fills that niche for me. I'm not really good enough to get Heroes consistently so the cost of that stuff doesn't currently affect me. The 40 hour grind for heroes narrative wasn't accurate anyway but it benefits me I guess.

uhhhh. The maps are more focused so it's really easy to be killed randomly if you're not careful. The ship stuff is cool but I havent dived into it much yet. It was about 5 hours of gameplay in the main pvp mode before I even started to see repeat maps and I was seeing new maps until maybe hour 7.
hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

How is the campaign grel? And the nerds got them to turn off the microtransactions, so thats cool.
stan van bundy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

fallenchicken wrote:How is the campaign grel? And the nerds got them to turn off the microtransactions, so thats cool.
I played the first 3 missions. The first one and the first starfighter are good. Fourth mission you play as a badly written Luke and I don't care. I've heard that instead of doubling down on their character and her mission they just make you play whatever hero character for a lot of missions and the jedi gameplay doesn't really appeal to me in this game. They should have made an old style battlefront campaign or gone for the cool stealth/infiltrator squadplay they teased.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

https://twitter.com/eastarwars/status/9 ... 0717143040

Don't get me wrong, I think what EA did was dumb, but imagine if we could harness this much outrage for things that actually matter
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pewps wrote:https://twitter.com/eastarwars/status/9 ... 0717143040

Don't get me wrong, I think what EA did was dumb, but imagine if we could harness this much outrage for things that actually matter
Seriously, these people were writing and calling their congress people over this. I mean it's good ans they probably made the game a lot better. I hate lootboxes if it is anything more than cosmetic and found then to ruin shadow of war. But like, i ckuld never be bothered to throw the fit and waste any time caring about it.

I can tell im going to be very dissapointed by the campaign. It looks awful and critics and fans dont seem impressed by it. I just want a good star wars story in a game we used to get those! So my purchase is coming down to whether i decide having a star wars themed casual online shooter that ill play a couple times a month is worth the money.
stan van bundy
Ethite
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Ethite »

:cry:
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

The floodwaters hit Victoria and a wild Mudrat appears. Coincidence!?

Well done Brisbane for voting Green (and fuck you Pauline)! :]
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

A wild Mud... fuck you pando

we thought you had been replaced, rat
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I am now mudrat