movies

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

movies

Post by pano »

Lots of trailers from sdcc. I hope Thor is good. Looks like they got some of the humour that made the first one good, and got rid of Portwoman (who hasn't been sighted for some time now...)

I also watched spider mang recently which i thought was decent, i mainly liked the casting and the feel of it. The direction and plot was a little lack lustre but better than the previous crud. Keaton MVP, prob the best marvel villain in a long time
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Re: movies

Post by fallenchicken »

Summer movie rankings:
Baby Driver--Eh
War of the planet of the apes--Good
Spiderman--one of my favorite supper hero movies honestly, lot of fun

seeing Dunkirk tomorrow
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Spiderman annoyed me cause he constantly made bad decisions and everything always ended up perfect for him anyway, but I enjoyed it otherwise. I want the Vulture to join the Avengers tbh
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I thought wing suit things were dumb with Falcon dude but the Vulture suit was awesome and looked great on a cinema screen.

On the flip side i found spider man's gadgets overdone. The drone, the grenades and taser webs, i dunno. I didn't mind the AI cos Spidey monologues a lot
Darth Snuggles
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Darth Snuggles »

Birdman was defs the best part about Spider-Man. I larbed it!

Also saw Wonder Woman twice, no regrets. Took Kara to see her first film at the cinema, Despicable Me 3. I don't think it was as good as the first film, but still a lot of fun.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

Kong skull island was pretty and fun.
hi
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Just watched Dunkirk. Dog fights were awesome and stressful. Great set piece towards the end. Really good movie
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Finally watched Get Out. Amazing, weird and a satisfyingly gruesome finale.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Spidey was great. Needed more Tomei but otherwise great. I think it has to be one of the best MCU films.
isgrelindisguise wrote:Kong skull island was pretty and fun.
I though it was actually really bland and terrible, and I love big monster movies. Tom Hiddleston and Brie Larson weren't even characters. Would have been way better if you just axe those guys and it's John C. Reilly and maybe the military dudes.
Wimble wrote:Just watched Dunkirk. Dog fights were awesome and stressful. Great set piece towards the end. Really good movie
ALSO GREAT
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

badfo wrote:I think it has to be one of the best MCU films.
I'm making farting noises irl right now
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I think the biggest success with spidey was that they didn't retread that damn origin shit.

Biggest complaint: he overly sci fi goings on with his suit. I like spidey winning with some off the cuff improvising, not a bloody drone strike and web grenade. I did like the AI though because it dealt with spidey monologues.

PS - as someone who doesn't love the character of Captain America, i still think winter soldier is the best marvel film. I do think spidey is up there tho.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Ragnarok will be the greatest Marvel movie
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Fast 8 was bad except for Jason stratham, who was great. I want to see atomic blonde.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3452 ... franchise/
“In March next year, I am shooting Terminator 6, James Cameron and David Ellison are back on board and then comes a Conan.
is your body ready
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Darth Snuggles wrote:Birdman was defs the best part about Spider-Man. I larbed it!

Also saw Wonder Woman twice, no regrets. Took Kara to see her first film at the cinema, Despicable Me 3. I don't think it was as good as the first film, but still a lot of fun.
Oh yah i saw WW too. I thought it was great, Gal was adorable the whole time. Twist got me, but not as good as spidey twist imo.

I do think WW started to deal with some pretty grim (in an interesting way) shit in regards to war like halfway through, but then kinda dropped it for the "love wins" message at the end. Slightly disappointing but still a very cool movie.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Wimble wrote:I think the biggest success with spidey was that they didn't retread that damn origin shit.

Biggest complaint: he overly sci fi goings on with his suit. I like spidey winning with some off the cuff improvising, not a bloody drone strike and web grenade. I did like the AI though because it dealt with spidey monologues.

PS - as someone who doesn't love the character of Captain America, i still think winter soldier is the best marvel film. I do think spidey is up there tho.
Yes. No more origin stories please. We don't want them anymore even if it's a new-to-the-screen character all the origin stories are the same.
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I watched avengers thanos edition and enjoyed it.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Agrelled. Best Avenger's movie. Will forget most of it by next week. Shout out to Wong and Mantis for not disappearing into the nether. Poor ScarJo/Falcon got regulated to being just kind of there for most of it but other than that I thought they did a good job of including their huge cast. Good set up to make the next one a little more focused.

I really like Paul Bettany.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I think they almost got rid of TOO many people, but yeah I really enjoyed it. They did a good job with Thanos.

Maybe in the distant future we'll get a movie where Thanos and Adam Warlock go on a zany adventure together
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Good
Iron Man I
Captain America I
Captain America II
Thor III
Spider-Man

Pretty Good
Ant-Man
Iron Man III
Avenger's III

Fine
Thor I
Avenger's I
Guardians I
Doctor Strange
Captain America III

Bad
Iron Man II
Thor II
Avenger's II
Guardians II

I haven't seen Black Panther or the 2008 Hulk movie. I haven't seen Cap America 1 or 2 in a while. Thor either, really.
hi
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Saw Finwar. I doubt they gone gone, prob just gone. Some gone gone. Starlord remains terrible but otherwise good. Best axe.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

very cool all the marvel movies were a prequel to The Leftovers.
stan van bundy
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

badfo wrote:Saw Finwar. I doubt they gone gone, prob just gone. Some gone gone. Starlord remains terrible but otherwise good. Best axe.
Surprised they gave Starlord more to do than Iron Man. Thought Pratt nailed it.

The smartest move in this one is giving Thanos the most screen time. Let the established characters come through when they needed to. Good villain. Brolin was good.

Black Panther was pretty sick Grel. 08 Hulk was really good considering the Bana hulk a few years before
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

deadpool 2 is the most annoying movie I have ever seen.

Anyone seeing Solo this weekend?
stan van bundy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

I forgot Eric Bana was a human being that exists. I can't imagine Edward Norton being anything but better than Bana but I think Ruffalo-Hulk is my favorite movie-avenger.

I ended up buying Black Panther on iTunes. I thought it was okay. I think I went into it with my expectations set too high. There was nothing special about Kilmonger; ethnic-nationalism isn't an interesting motivation and the daddy-issues weren't played out very well. If I ran marvel I'd cut martin freeman from the film and spend his screen time exploring the relationship between kilmonger and the Get Out dude. Lil' sis was the best part of the movie though.

I'll see Solo next week I'm sure.
hi