Who's playing what?

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Who's playing what?

Post by Sigmarsson »

Anyone find something fun to play besides WoW?

Blasted through RE7 which was awesome but need something else now. Conan exiles didnt turn out to be the right time sink
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Who's playing what?

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I've played a decent amount of EU4, Stellaris and HOI4 over the last 2 months. I'm really enjoying EU4 in its current iteration but I don't think anyone else here has the Grand Strategy bug that I do. The last new game I bought and played might have been Tyranny back in maybe November? I'm still playing some Overwatch too. I played a little Fallout 4 when I didn't have internet and it's still bad, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for Bethesda style exploration. I did some Invisible Inc and Renowned Explorers: International Society while I didn't have internet too.

I'm keeping a casual eye on Torment, but am prepping to spend hundreds of hours in Andromeda next month.

I know they're a little older but I think you'd like the 2013 Tomb Raider Shadows of Mordor games.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Fallout 4 just pisses me off now. Only Bethesda can take so much potential and make it completely mediocre.

I'm mostly still playing FFXIV cause it's fun
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

isgrelindisguise wrote:I've played a decent amount of EU4, Stellaris and HOI4 over the last 2 months. I'm really enjoying EU4 in its current iteration but I don't think anyone else here has the Grand Strategy bug that I do. The last new game I bought and played might have been Tyranny back in maybe November? I'm still playing some Overwatch too. I played a little Fallout 4 when I didn't have internet and it's still bad, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for Bethesda style exploration. I did some Invisible Inc and Renowned Explorers: International Society while I didn't have internet too.

I'm keeping a casual eye on Torment, but am prepping to spend hundreds of hours in Andromeda next month.

I know they're a little older but I think you'd like the 2013 Tomb Raider Shadows of Mordor games.
Almost bought HOI4 but realized Id probably become bored with it real quick. Need more direct action I think. Andromeda will be good no doubt, how did you find Tyranny?

SoM was my first game on my new pc and that was an awesome experience, Ive never really looked into Tomb Raider.

Anyone try out For Honor? It's out tomorrow and the gameplay looks fun
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Really liked RE7 too. Playing Yakuza 0 which is a really great game and making me kind of feel the ps4 was worth getting.
stan van bundy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Sigmarsson wrote:
Almost bought HOI4 but realized Id probably become bored with it real quick. Need more direct action I think. Andromeda will be good no doubt, how did you find Tyranny?

SoM was my first game on my new pc and that was an awesome experience, Ive never really looked into Tomb Raider.

Tyranny is okay. It's not as dark as promised and it's a little unbalanced in that they made a really fun magic system and then everything not magic is just boring. Some decent companion characters but nobody terrific, an interesting setting that isn't explored as much as I'd like, and you can play the game perfectly fine without being evil, although the game doesn't shoehorn you down that path. I think Chkn played it some too.

I watched some For Honor streams this weekend and the gameplay just doesn't look very good to me. Waiting on Mount and Blade 2.
hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

gonna get horizon: zero dawn next week probably.
stan van bundy
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

isgrelindisguise wrote:
Sigmarsson wrote:

Tyranny is okay. It's not as dark as promised and it's a little unbalanced in that they made a really fun magic system and then everything not magic is just boring. Some decent companion characters but nobody terrific, an interesting setting that isn't explored as much as I'd like, and you can play the game perfectly fine without being evil, although the game doesn't shoehorn you down that path. I think Chkn played it some too.

I watched some For Honor streams this weekend and the gameplay just doesn't look very good to me. Waiting on Mount and Blade 2.
For honor can be frustrating at times because its so competitive. If you dont get a decent handle on the combat system with parrys feints and guard breaks youll get wrecked during multiplayer. Also, HUGE grind. I must have put in atleast 20 hours into one hero (theres 12 total) and im only 2/30 through his progression. Higher levels unlock different customization colors, tatttoos and symbols.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

fallenchicken wrote:gonna get horizon: zero dawn next week probably.
I'm not gonna get a ps4 anytime soon but I want to know your thoughts.
hi
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

:-D

Shadows of mordor sequel leaked
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Hypeeee. SoM was great, just lacking in interesting locations. Nemesis system is one of the best game mechanics ever created and it's such a shame that it hasn't been ripped off a thousand times by now.
hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

getting horizon tomorrow very excited. From all the review i've read it seems like it's if a Bethesda game was actually good, which I've always wanted. A bethesda game to be good.
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Anyone really considering a Switch aka Zelda-machine?
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

phpBB [video]
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Horizon is....very good.

Great even.
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

It's a good thing Nintendo purposefully and douchely always understocks their consoles at launch because i'd probably blow my tax refund on a switch just to play Zelda.

I want to play zelda so bad it's painful.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Mass Effect 2 is currently free on Origin, and Mass Effect 3 is currently 67% off
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

So I recently got a new mouse and GPU for my machine, after installing and having one great day of super powered computer sexiness, something went wrong with my audio so I took apart my machine to diagnose the problem and I'm pretty sure my mobo is fucked so now I need a new mobo. I'm pretty unhappy at this whole situation, because mobo instillation is a fucking chore.
Last edited by isgrelindisguise on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
hi
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

What mobo did you buy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Me and my girlfriend have been playing Night in the Woods together, and really like it.
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I maybe just bought a switch and zelda
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

Wimble wrote:I maybe just bought a switch and zelda
Just played this at my buddy's. In the car on a beer run actually. Seems pretty damn awesome. Climbed a lot, hit cows with a gust of fanned air, caught myself on fire.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Well heck all of that just sounds amazing
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

phpBB [video]

A bad console with good first party games? (like all consoles, I guess?)
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Wimble wrote:I maybe just bought a switch and zelda
Well the first thing you get is the power of magnetism so i ambushed a camp of bokoblins with a giant boulder. Dropping it on the leaders head OHKO, then side swiped another. Now i have a club and a shield. Had to eat my mushrooms to recover some hearts though. 11/10