Who's playing what?

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Who's playing what?

Post by Pewps »

Wimble wrote:
Pewps wrote:Destiny 2 has just been announced

If it's not on PC I'm not even gonna bother
Apparently you can buy on the blizzard app... with wow gold if you want
That's pretty fuckin rad, I'M READY FOR MY DESTINY x WoW CROSS PROMOTIONS
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

These people messin' with my WoW token prices.

GUESS I'LL HAVE TO FLIP MORE STUPID PETS
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Folks, I set up a wii u emulator and am running Breath of the Wild in 1440p and it is glorious. I have been waiting so long to play this but couldn't afford a switch and it is running perfectly and I don't even know what to do with all this joy.
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

fallenchicken wrote:Folks, I set up a wii u emulator and am running Breath of the Wild in 1440p and it is glorious. I have been waiting so long to play this but couldn't afford a switch and it is running perfectly and I don't even know what to do with all this joy.
ISN'T IT THE MOST JOY EVER

This game really is the best game of all the games.

Magneesssiiissss
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Image it's glorious
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Tricked this senile old guber into trading me his Doublet for a recipe I found in his diary. This will most likely be his last winter lmao.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

the weak should fear the strong
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

This game is seriously so unbelievably impressive. It is one of those games that you go, "can I do that?.... I CAN DO THAT!" Like everything works. It's a game that rewards your creativity. The physics is nuts. It has that great feeling you desire of all rpgs but few only achieve: just traveling and exploring the open world feels like an adventure.

The only system that I don't like so far is the weapon durability. The design is working as intended--and it is extremely fun to beat the arm off a skeleton, pick up that arm, and beat the head off a skeleton. But weapons break so fast and it feels like a constant scramble to equip new ones. And it makes you feel guilty for using your better weapons. I hope there are special weapons later on in the game that don't break. Since it is on pc i could use an infinite durability cheat, but all the systems in the game are so carefully designed and beautifully connected I am afraid it would weaken the experience in some way.
stan van bundy
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I bought Battlefront and I like it so far. I got probably 40-50 hours out the last one.

Microtransaction stuff aside (I think they are disabled?), the actual process of just sorting through and equipping all the upgrades is a pain in the ass. It's menu hell. Terrible menus.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

fallenchicken wrote:This game is seriously so unbelievably impressive. It is one of those games that you go, "can I do that?.... I CAN DO THAT!" Like everything works. It's a game that rewards your creativity. The physics is nuts. It has that great feeling you desire of all rpgs but few only achieve: just traveling and exploring the open world feels like an adventure.

The only system that I don't like so far is the weapon durability. The design is working as intended--and it is extremely fun to beat the arm off a skeleton, pick up that arm, and beat the head off a skeleton. But weapons break so fast and it feels like a constant scramble to equip new ones. And it makes you feel guilty for using your better weapons. I hope there are special weapons later on in the game that don't break. Since it is on pc i could use an infinite durability cheat, but all the systems in the game are so carefully designed and beautifully connected I am afraid it would weaken the experience in some way.
the weapon system starts to feel better. It only feels annoying at the start when you have like 1 sword and it breaks every 2 seconds, but when your inventory gets bigger and you build a little backlog of weapons it feels less punishing.

Wait until you fight your first Lynel holy fucking shit this game isn't messing around.

I just bought Mario and I need to buy Splatoon 2. The Switch is so cool.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

dude i'm fighting this lynal thing right now and it's fucking horse shit. I just discovered the zora and they sent me up the mountain to kill him and get his shock arrows.

This fight is harder than anything in dark souls 3 tbh and it is boarding on cheap. The rain puts out my bomb arrows which is basically hamstringing me-- Ice and shock arrows don't do anything to him. His shock arrow attack can one hit you and has the blast range of a nuclear bomb. His charge attacks are really hard to dodge. I have an electrical resistance potion and it isn't doing shit. He can still one hit me. Maybe I don't have enough hearts (I accidentally stumbled upon the Zora) and I should just retreat for now but he's pissed me off so much that I'm not leaving until I beat him.
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

fallenchicken wrote:dude i'm fighting this lynal thing right now and it's fucking horse shit. I just discovered the zora and they sent me up the mountain to kill him and get his shock arrows.

This fight is harder than anything in dark souls 3 tbh and it is boarding on cheap. The rain puts out my bomb arrows which is basically hamstringing me-- Ice and shock arrows don't do anything to him. His shock arrow attack can one hit you and has the blast range of a nuclear bomb. His charge attacks are really hard to dodge. I have an electrical resistance potion and it isn't doing shit. He can still one hit me. Maybe I don't have enough hearts (I accidentally stumbled upon the Zora) and I should just retreat for now but he's pissed me off so much that I'm not leaving until I beat him.
Shrines boiiiii

And cook everything. Make food buffs

But in the end his patterns are memorable, the only problem is you need weapons that hit hard enough that you can do enough dmg without running out of weapons.

If all else fails you can just steal 30 shock arrows ;)
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I finally beat him. I had to use my shrine weapon (RIP) but yeah, eventually I memorized when to dodge and then got the special attack.

Turns out most guides/people actually say you're intended to sneak around him and steal the arrows... but fuck him he's an asshole and deserves death.
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Yah i died to him like 10 times so he had to go. I broke like 8 swords but i ended his hilltop reign
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Apparently the new Monster Hunter game is coming out on PC so I might have to pick it up
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I ran into another Lynel. I had just met Robbie and crafted the ancient bow and a couple ancient arrows... I did not know what they did. I now understand that they are for destroying the guardians and will be very important later in the game when I need to get into guardian protected areas so I need to save them. But I didn't know and I didn't know what happens you shoot a normal monster with one of those arrows. It straight up sucked this dude into a vortex and he disappeared into another dimension. Just gone. No loot. Nothing.
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

The things that real breath of the wild pros love to do most is run out of stamina and drown one inch away from the shore. It is a very cool thing to do.

This game and the Witcher 3 are the two generation defining games imo. They changed the open world game, in different ways.

They both got thicc fairies and sorceresses

My dude right here is a revolutionary. Started his own crypto currency and I traded all my monster parts and got like 2000 crypto dollars. Think I'm crazy? Well, look at this fucking hat I got:

That's fucking right. And it makes pig monster noises when I run. Do you know how wet Zelda is going to be when she sees me roll up in this? I'm going to get the rest of the monster outfit just as soon as I find out his other locations.

The coolest shit you can do besides drowning at the shore is getting in a huge fight with a ton of monsters, starting a fire in the grass, using the wind current of the fire to fly up in the sky and then go into slo mo and shoot a blast arrow into the crowd. That's game fucking over monsters not even the blood moon is bringing you back from that.
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I'm loving your enthusiasm chicken. I felt the same way, it's actually ridiculous how giddy i get playing the game sometimes.

I'm currently playing Mario Odyssey and it's pretty fucking great.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Wimble wrote:I'm loving your enthusiasm chicken. I felt the same way, it's actually ridiculous how giddy i get playing the game sometimes.

I'm currently playing Mario Odyssey and it's pretty fucking great.
Oh man do I need that Mario shit. Wanting a switch bad for it. Zelda+Mario and then, like yeah a new mario racer and new super smash bros would be good, but you know what I'd want? A new Super Mario Party. Online functionality. Just playing long ass custom Mario Party game boards all night, first to like 9 stars or something, the way me and my cousins used to do it on sleepovers. If the Switch does that it is the greatest console ever.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Cyberpunk 2077 was announced 5 years ago

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

Pewps wrote:Cyberpunk 2077 was announced 5 years ago

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT
I think they recently announced they had finished their engine.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

isgrelindisguise wrote:
Pewps wrote:Cyberpunk 2077 was announced 5 years ago

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT
I think they recently announced they had finished their engine.
They just sent out a tweet for the first time in 5 years, so hopefully some news soon

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/statu ... 1200466944

Also Dark Souls Remastered announced for all platforms, including Switch, gonna be great. Hoping they bring some of the matchmaking mechanics from Dark Souls 3, I can finally be a gravelord again
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

i'm ready for a new project red rpg man. Especially a LA based cyberpunk setting? I need this game to come out before I die.
stan van bundy
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

someone tell me about 8.1 if they playin wow

I'm playing smash bros and the CPU enemies are so much harder. I used to cream 9s back in the melee days. Also maybe my thumbs aren't as nimble.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I spend a lot more money on video games when WoW is bad. I've been playing a good amount of strategy grelgames and also slowly getting less terrible at Battlefield V. Battlefront II's Geonosis update is neat. I really want that new Smash game and may see if I can't get a switch bundle.
hi