AndroMEda

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Re: AndroMEda

Post by Pewps »

Sigmarsson wrote:How did that get past quality control
It's kind of funny because on one of the presets (I think 6), the sideburn texture actually spills onto the ear and it looks awful

I am absolutely flabbergasted about the character creator situation. They created an in-house character creator using the same engine in DA:I, where you could edit head shape, skin complexion, have actual facial hair, all these options dedicated to just the nose, etc, and they're just like NAA FUCK THAT

IT MAKES NO SENSE
Thaed
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Thaed »

omg wtf is this krogan's voice?

Facial animations seem to range from average to bad. Isn't as terrible as the internet's been making it out to be, probably not a deal breaker for me.

Character creator let me make a character (with white hair) that doesn't look terrible, so that's passable. I think the pinnacle of character creation for me is Dark Souls 3, so that might be saying something.

Story seems interesting so far, environment on the first planet was good. Have another 7ish hours of the demo, so I won't buy it yet, but if things stay at this quality I'll probably buy.
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

Greenmangaming isnt delivering game keys until the 23rd, the date of the European release. REFUND
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Sigmarsson wrote:Greenmangaming isnt delivering game keys until the 23rd, the date of the European release. REFUND
got my key today from them. check your email first.
stan van bundy
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

fallenchicken wrote:
Sigmarsson wrote:Greenmangaming isnt delivering game keys until the 23rd, the date of the European release. REFUND
got my key today from them. check your email first.
Already refunded and bought it off origin.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

http://i.imgur.com/I81X2MA.gifv

looks unfinished, can't really stop playing zelda for a turd game
Last edited by pano on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

I'm enjoying it so far. Tried multi-player and that was really fun, I was expecting pvp but it was a mix of surviving waves of mobs with occasional objectives. Objs weren't really creative so far from what I've seen but still fun. Only just finished the EOS mission after several hours because I was taking the time to scan and mine shit
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

+Story is engaging so far
+Gameplay is the best out of any ME so far
+Companions are good, they actually made the black guy pretty decent
-Character creator is ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHIT and I'm probably gonna hold off on another playthrough until they do something on it. One of the devs tweeted they were 'investigating' it, and say what you want about Bioware they usually cave to fan pressure.
-Animations are shit pretty regularly
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

watch ryder climb a ladder. Never seen someone shuffle both hands up the rails in my life
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Are female characters any better?

I haven't kept up with impressions but CC stuff I'm here is annoying.

There's no reason they should be having art issues like that when they already have a DA game out on the same engine.

WTB though. When I have time. Maybe better CC by then.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pewps wrote:+Story is engaging so far
+Gameplay is the best out of any ME so far
+Companions are good, they actually made the black guy pretty decent
-Character creator is ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHIT and I'm probably gonna hold off on another playthrough until they do something on it. One of the devs tweeted they were 'investigating' it, and say what you want about Bioware they usually cave to fan pressure.
-Animations are shit pretty regularly
Agreed with all points. The game looks like a turd, sometimes it feels like an unfinished turd, but beneath the outer crap surface there is a very good game. I want to say the game needed another six months but I don't know. It's just weird how a lot of the game has this little polish and steps back from DA:I.

I think in the Bioware legacy it will be a DA2 sort of game. If you are willing to look past the (many) flaws you'll find a good game with compelling characters and good ideas.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

badfo wrote:Are female characters any better?

There's no reason they should be having art issues like that when they already have a DA game out on the same engine.

Cora so far has turned out as the worst female character. I did not honestly think you could make a character more boring than Ashley, but Bioware certainly made an attempt.

Peebee's not TERRIBLE but I still don't really like her

I haven't interacted with Vetra enough but my impression so far is that she's the most interesting of the females but still has a pretty beige personality.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Pewp can you power rank the companions? u luv 2
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

Pewps wrote:
badfo wrote:Are female characters any better?

Cora so far has turned out as the worst female character. I did not honestly think you could make a character more boring than Ashley, but Bioware certainly made an attempt.

Peebee's not TERRIBLE but I still don't really like her

I haven't interacted with Vetra enough but my impression so far is that she's the most interesting of the females but still has a pretty beige personality.
I was just thinking how bland the squad seems while looking at the list last night. Cora is useful with her shield boost but I dont think that is good enough for me to ignore her conversations about
not having a daddy with vetra.
I unexpectedly ran into a huge boss quest last night on Voeld that I thought ended with an unusual conclusion
A massive flying robot snake wipes out a whole kett base but there have been zero sightings of it until the actual fight. Once the fight is over and you return to the quest giver, she acts as though she already knew about the snake robot... had a name for it... and doesnt seem worried that there could be more of these base killers.
If there is an Eos version of the same huge boss fight quest I may have bugged it to uncompleteable last night :(

Also I love when you start a conversation with someone but you had the camera pointed away from them so when it auto zooms in to focus, it keeps pointing the camera to where you were looking while the person talking is offscreen to your right.

And Bioware forgot to set certain conversation triggers to only happen once. Everytime I fast travel to Technixx Ryder announces "Oh this must be Technixx". No shit dumbass Ive been here a half dozen times already.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I'm not that far in the game but Peebee seems the best female romance option so far. Maybe the Irish catholic girl on the ship? IDK.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Sigmarsson wrote: If there is an Eos version of the same huge boss fight quest I may have bugged it to uncompleteable last night :(
It's the one where they send you to hit the ground with the hammers, after the 3rd hammer the big guy shows up
Wimble wrote:Pewp can you power rank the companions? u luv 2
Gotta beat the game first to give ADEQUATE IMPRESSIONS
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

Though so.... I bugged the quest by dropping a mining drone over the second hammer site before I spoke to the strangers. Now there's no one there to speak to :(

On a positive note I like the crafting system and the assault rifles are fun. Strikes teams need tweaking though, I don't know why it displays hard difficulty missions when your teams are low level and have a 6% chance of success on them

Edit, just returned to EOS and the bug fixed itself
Last edited by Sigmarsson on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I think Kett weapons are the funnest and FUCK BIOWARE for making it cost like 70-90 Einoch Fluid Sacs to make a Soned Rifle.

I JUST WANT MY FUCKIN MINI GUN
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

Pewps wrote:I think Kett weapons are the funnest and FUCK BIOWARE for making it cost like 70-90 Einoch Fluid Sacs to make a Soned Rifle.

I definitely found that gun in a container somewhere... the kett hold to charge rifles arent my style though, remnant beam weapons and armor are top notch.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Does the game suffer serious performance issues on certain planets for you guys?
stan van bundy
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

fallenchicken wrote:Does the game suffer serious performance issues on certain planets for you guys?
Harvarl? seemed like an area with low fps for me but not to the point that it was interfering with the gameplay.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Sigmarsson wrote:
fallenchicken wrote:Does the game suffer serious performance issues on certain planets for you guys?
Harvarl? seemed like an area with low fps for me but not to the point that it was interfering with the gameplay.
I've been getting really bad microstuttering on Eos. I'm on Harval now and I've turned off triple buffering and v-sync and that seems to have helped. Game is running on high/ultra and i'm maintaining 60-90 fps without microstuttering. I don't know. Certain games have been giving me microstuttering problems. I don't know if it's just bad optimization or if all off a sudden cetain games now need 300,000 gigs of ram. or if my i5-4690K is all of a sudden bottlenecking my GPU despite everyone insisting that the i5 was all you needed for gaming. It sucks because i have a 980ti and at 1080p i should be able to max out settings and maintain good performance.

On DA:I i can play on ultra and maintain 70+fps. on Battlefield 1 I can hang steady at like 100fps. In RE7 I was able to double the resolution scale to 2.0 and maintain 50fps. So pretty. Such sharp images.

In this game and some others i'm stuttering and freezing. Annoying. egads.
stan van bundy
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

fallenchicken wrote:
Sigmarsson wrote:
I've been getting really bad microstuttering on Eos. I'm on Harval now and I've turned off triple buffering and v-sync and that seems to have helped. Game is running on high/ultra and i'm maintaining 60-90 fps without microstuttering. I don't know. Certain games have been giving me microstuttering problems. I don't know if it's just bad optimization or if all off a sudden cetain games now need 300,000 gigs of ram. or if my i5-4690K is all of a sudden bottlenecking my GPU despite everyone insisting that the i5 was all you needed for gaming. It sucks because i have a 980ti and at 1080p i should be able to max out settings and maintain good performance.

On DA:I i can play on ultra and maintain 70+fps. on Battlefield 1 I can hang steady at like 100fps. In RE7 I was able to double the resolution scale to 2.0 and maintain 50fps. So pretty. Such sharp images.

In this game and some others i'm stuttering and freezing. Annoying. egads.
Im running on high with all extra options enabled I think, i5 4460 and what is probably considered an inadequate card now... a R9 270x. Honestly Ive had no glaring issues, steady performance but maybe not the prettiest. Blows for you because that is an expensive card
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Sigmarsson wrote:
Pewps wrote:I think Kett weapons are the funnest and FUCK BIOWARE for making it cost like 70-90 Einoch Fluid Sacs to make a Soned Rifle.

I definitely found that gun in a container somewhere... the kett hold to charge rifles arent my style though, remnant beam weapons and armor are top notch.
I'm gonna build the Soned Rifle and the Kett armor so that way I can look like a Zaku
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I finally built a Soned Rifle with a sticky grenade launcher augmentation

lord have mercy