AndroMEda

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Re: AndroMEda

Post by Pewps »

I have to say, being limited to 3 abilities fucking sucks, and not being able to control what abilities your team mates use REALLY fucking sucks. I'm playing on hardcore and it's really frustrating to not be able to set up combos with your squadmates. You just have to hope they use their abilities at the right time. At best you can only tell them to focus a target. Just give me my FUCKING WHEEL
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I built a soned rifle but ruined it by making it beam. Never do beam.

Fighting a giant revenant is fun the first time and all but the third time it's like come on bioware.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

-More options and variety in the character creator
-Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
-Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
-Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
-Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
Pretty sure the male romance options is referring to the gay options, although I'd be perfectly fine with more chicks to bone

https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

i don't know why they didn't let the Liam go both ways. Not a ton of male/gay options but at least Liam is a decent companion so they would have had one real choice.
stan van bundy
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I finally started Mass Effect Andromeda. I feel like they patched out the most abhorrent lip syncing and thousand yard stare issues. 15 hours in I've only come across one piece of terrible writing but I've played enough BioWare games to generally avoid having my character say things I don't want her to say so I dunno. Don't really care about any of my companions but Jaal and Vetra seem cool.

I can;t believe they haven't patched the CC yet.

Multiplayer is a shitshow.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

isgrelindisguise wrote:I can;t believe they haven't patched the CC yet.
Yeah I'm still waiting on this before I start another playthrough, I kinda get the feeling it'll come in an update with whatever the first DLC is
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

During my playthrough I went through phases of liking the game enough to being irritated. I can't believe it killed the series, at least for the rest of the generation. But it seems like it has. Where does Bioware go from here? Obviously another Dragon Age, but now they don't have their big title. maybe this is good. New ip, maybe mix up their formula a bit?
stan van bundy
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

That's disappointing that they haven't even patched the CC yet. I'm sort of waiting for a lot of that stuff to be fixed before I buy. I still don't understand how a game gets released in that state when DAI released mostly fine and was out on five platforms, too.

I know they moved most of all their Montreal staff to another EA studio. Ouch. They have that new IP they've been hinting at forever, so I guess we'll see that before DA. Supposedly another new IP after that one if I'm remembering the rumors correctly.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

I keep thinking back to the companions of Dragon Age Awakening and I can't help but think that some forgotten stand alone expansion was the absolute high-point in BioWare's companion writing.

None of the companion characters in Andromeda have any personality except for Liam, who has the personality ADHD Douchebag, and maybe PB, but I'll never interact with her so I dunno for sure. I feel like I kind of have to bring Liam along to be an asshole to my other companion because it's the only way they'll display a glimmer of character.

Vetra character design is still top notch tho.

They did a really good job with Nomad/Mako 2.0 exploration.

Can't wait for DA4.
hi
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Patch Notes

Guess I'm taking a break until it hits.
hi
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Patch hit, I finished the main storyline. Don't really know what to say, jet pack and cloak made fighting the simple ai on insanity pretty easy, didn't care a bit about my Ryder or her companions. Nomad driving was cool and I liked the armor customization. Ended up skipping about a third of the dialogue because of a general apathy to the whole thing. I thought kett and remnant architecture was really boring which made the story missions more of a chore than they already were. Reaper architecture was scary and intimidating, these were just bulgey or blocky. I wish there was more opportunity to explore the end zone.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

isgrelindisguise wrote: I thought kett and remnant architecture was really boring which made the story missions more of a chore than they already were
I don't know if you played Warframe but the Kett to me seem really Grineer-inspired
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

isgrelindisguise wrote:Patch hit, I finished the main storyline. Don't really know what to say, jet pack and cloak made fighting the simple ai on insanity pretty easy, didn't care a bit about my Ryder or her companions. Nomad driving was cool and I liked the armor customization. Ended up skipping about a third of the dialogue because of a general apathy to the whole thing. I thought kett and remnant architecture was really boring which made the story missions more of a chore than they already were. Reaper architecture was scary and intimidating, these were just bulgey or blocky. I wish there was more opportunity to explore the end zone.
The Kett being the most boring bad science fiction novel villains ever, in a game that is trying to thrill you with the idea of being an explorer in a new galaxy is such a sin. All of the writing is so bad, the characters are so bad, everything it's just... but it is very playable if you're bored.
stan van bundy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

fallenchicken wrote:
The Kett being the most boring bad science fiction novel villains ever, in a game that is trying to thrill you with the idea of being an explorer in a new galaxy is such a sin. All of the writing is so bad, the characters are so bad, everything it's just... but it is very playable if you're bored.
Agrelled. The Asteroid planet was legitimately fun for the simple pleasure of driving the nomad in low-G and the open world part of the desert and the criminal planets I got to when I needed some busywork to do IRL. I Hated the driving portion of Arkham Knight because the batmobile handled exactly like the ME2 DLC car and I was happy the nomad was a massive upgrade from that experience.
hi
Darth Snuggles
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Darth Snuggles »

Shit, I didn't even know Andromeda was released. What is my life?!

From everyone's comments, I don't even know if it's worth playing. At least I'd be getting it with all the bug fixes and patches I guess. Would anyone actually recommend this game?
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Darth Snuggles wrote:Shit, I didn't even know Andromeda was released. What is my life?!

From everyone's comments, I don't even know if it's worth playing. At least I'd be getting it with all the bug fixes and patches I guess. Would anyone actually recommend this game?
If it's on sale, and my hunch is it will be on a lot of sales, then eh. It does a mass effect impression sometimes. Like grel said, there are bright moments in the game. And you can definitely sink some hours into it.

But will you feel good about sinking the amount of hours you did? Doing nearly every side quest, searching the game top to bottom for any inspired content only to leave intensely disappointed and bitter and wondering what it is you're doing with your life, exactly? Actually... avoid this one at all costs. I have some thinking to do.
stan van bundy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

What the hell, chkn? Did you actually do a full game clear? I don't know whether to be impressed or give you my sympathy.

I can't recommend this game at all really. Combat might be cool if the ai didn't blow so much and the exploration is just like exploration in any Ubisoft game. And those are the game components that work best. You can expect one or two cool moments for every 10 hours you put in the game.
hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

isgrelindisguise wrote:What the hell, chkn? Did you actually do a full game clear? I don't know whether to be impressed or give you my sympathy.

I can't recommend this game at all really. Combat might be cool if the ai didn't blow so much and the exploration is just like exploration in any Ubisoft game. And those are the game components that work best. You can expect one or two cool moments for every 10 hours you put in the game.
I didn't do a full game clear but almost. I'm not proud.
stan van bundy
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I kept hoping this would be like DA2 in that it was a game with very obvious and prominent flaws but ultimately had enough good going on that it was still worth playing.

But past all the bugs and the awkwardness the impressions I hear are that there really isn't a lot past that. So I'm not in a rush to play it. Which is very weird for me.
Darth Snuggles
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Darth Snuggles »

Wow, ok. Definitely sounds like it's too much of a time sink with little reward for me. How disappointing. If it were DA2 level at least I'd probs go for it but alas.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Apparently the entire Montreal office had been shut down and scrapped because of how awful andromeda is.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I really hope the next Dragon Age game is good. I saw on the Bioware website they started hiring people for a Dragon Age project, which I can only assume is going to be the next game. I WANT TO GO TO TEVINTER
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

I'M PRETTY SURE BioDESTINY IS GOING TO BE THEIR NEXT GAME, PEWPS
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

isgrelindisguise wrote:I'M PRETTY SURE BioDESTINY IS GOING TO BE THEIR NEXT GAME, PEWPS
WELL BIODESTINY IS PROBABLY ALREADY GETTING ITS FINISHING TOUCHES WHICH MEAN IF THEY'RE HIRING PEOPLE FOR DARGON AGE NOW IT PUTS ENOUGH SPACE BETWEEN THEIR RELEASES THAT THE TIMING MAKES SENSE