Stranger Things

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Stranger Things

Post by pano »

Just finished. Anyone watch? I don't love horror but this was fun. I loved the synth music.
Pity that Steve asshole didn't get got. The best character in the show BAR NONE was Holly.

I guess El is alive because eggos, Will is some kind of semi-monster, and we all saw that alien egg in the woods so they'll be back

If Will gets a Snes he could play ALTTP and go to the Dark World there too
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Stranger Things

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I'm watching but not done so I didn't see the spoiler yet. Winona Ryder can not act, and thats beginning to frustrate me. Like she's really bad.

Also in the opening DND scene, there wasn't a roll for initiative against the incoming monsters so they were doing DND wrong and that breaks my immersion.
hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

isgrelindisguise wrote:I'm watching but not done so I didn't see the spoiler yet. Winona Ryder can not act, and thats beginning to frustrate me. Like she's really bad.

Also in the opening DND scene, there wasn't a roll for initiative against the incoming monsters so they were doing DND wrong and that breaks my immersion.
Winona gets better as the show goes on. Stick around until episode 4 and the show gets really fun.
stan van bundy
Darth Snuggles
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Darth Snuggles »

I binged it over two nights, enjoyed it heaps. But lots of 80's nostalgia for me.
Dunno if it's coming back for another season and if so, if they plan a continuation, either way I enjoyed the rather bittersweet ending.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Snuggle
Pretty sure they confirmed season 2 and it's same characters and plot etc
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

Finished.
They were deffo setting up for a second season with the same cast of characters. That meal scene in the first episode where they included a bunch of Holly reaction shots was the best scene in the series. Winona still couldn't act by the end of the series but at least the scriptwriters started to move away from having her be constantly hysterical. The entire run was one cliche after another. My favorite was ugly friend dying. Because only attractive people and children survive in a crisis.

I'm going to go watch Marcella now.
hi
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

Hops and Dustin made the show for me.

Winona was weirdly bad. She's not generally good but it was a tone deaf bad like Wahlberg in The Happening.

Best parts are when shit goes bad for Steve to be honest.