@badfo hearthstone stuff

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

@badfo hearthstone stuff

Post by pano »

So I downloaded hearthstone on my ipad and I was wondering if it was possible to play the campaigns without spending dollars?

I played a Jaina and just before I beat her she fireballed herself. Didn't kill her but I was surprised she could do that.

Does playing a hunter make me a jerk? I hope not because Rexxar is best
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Re: @badfo hearthstone stuff

Post by badfo »

You can buy wings from the adventures for 700 gold each. That's about two weeks or so of dailies depending on the quest. Can stack three dailies so don't need to play every day.

You can't buy Naxx anymore but there's two other ones.

Jaina was probably taunting you (unless it was the CPU?) but attacking yourself is sometimes useful.

Hunter is fine. If you don't have a lot of cards then an aggressive hunter deck is probably one of the best ones to play. People usually complain about pally because all their cards are ridiculous. I don't play a lot of hunter though.

It got a lot easier to jump in with the new patch because they retired ~150 cards or so from standard play. They added almost that many new ones but you can get like 15 free packs right now from quests so it's a little bit easier. And a free C'Thun legendary. It's still pretty pay-to-win but slightly more forgiving if you don't want to spend money.

Get a class to level 20 on one class so you can play tavern brawl. It has premade decks about half the time so it can be an easier way to complete quests.

I basically just do my dailies to get gold for arena and occasionally buy a wing.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Aww I wanted to play Naxx. I'm only level 9 so I'm basically unstoppable. How do I get the old gods cards? I'm just doing casual play because that's basically all I can do right now. Pretty sure I did a daily yesterday and got like ten gold, seems so low. Maybe I need to level a bit
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Oh it went live today I think...
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Old god cards are from old god packs, which you buy with money or gold (or get as a reward from arena). There should be some free ones when you log in next then a quest for 5 more (and then you get another quest after that).

Quest rewards are 40-60 gold but you also get 10 gold every three wins so that's probably what that was. I don't remember if you have to unlock quests but if you click the exclamation point thingy on your main menu then you can see them. Can also replace one quest a day by clicking the red X on it if you don't want to do that one.

Casual is fine. I leveled every class to 20 through casual for the most part.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Thanks!

I win every time when I go second. Otherwise I just run out of cards and get overrun by minions. Prolly need to customise the deck a lil...
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

It can be easy to run out of steam if you don't have the right amount of card draw for your deck. You're probably doing better with coin because you're using it well to get a tempo advantage and can dictate the game a bit more.

I'm terrible at this game and terrible at building decks.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I should've beaten a Druid just now but accidentally used my power so couldn't summon Cthun. Oops

Also two matches before I arcane shot myself in the first turn.

I got my five packs but didn't get any hunter cards. Le sigh
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

C'Thun seems stupid powerful but maybe that's just because everybody is playing it right now. You have to make a lot of concessions to get a really big one but basically every C'Thun card has good stats anyway so it's not much of a concession.

I've been playing it in an aggro-ish Druid just with three other C'Thun cards and even with just those it either kills my opponent or swings the entire board my way.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Yeah he's pretty ridiculous. I feel like I might as well play a defensive priest or warrior or something and just ensure I can survive until he shits on the board.

I think warrior looks fun ish but I would rather play as Magni. So lame that you can basically go an orc or a human (obv orcs are superior except Garry)

Also pewps if you read this apparently the pre launch event let's you become a servant of the legion for a little while
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Yeah hunters usually end up playing more aggressive decks. Pretty much every other class has an easier time playing multiple deck types.

If I spent money on this game the first thing I would buy would be dorf warrior. Dorf > cards.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Yeah more like Liadrin would be good. Except not blood elves.

Hunter does feel pretty great when it all works, but if you get shit cards early or the opponent interrupts rhythm it's hard to come back from

I tried warrior and got totally overwhelmed by a shaman, and then a priest dicked me too. Priest aoe is more serious than I realised
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

I kind of want to play but I feel like I'm just stuck. I grind gold for wings and thus can't get packs and thus can't get cards to grind into dust and thus can't make proper decks. So I've just given up.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

It takes a long time to catch up (I'm nowhere close). I don't like ladder all that much so it's not as bad for me.

I think in terms of gold / dust efficiency playing arena is best as long as you can average 3-3 or so, but then you have a hard time unlocking wings.

I could buy the last two wings in LoE with gold if I wanted to, but then I would still have 3500 or so in Blackrock Mountain to unlock and no gold for when I just want to do a bunch of arena over and over. And I still don't have anywhere near complete collections from the older packs, much less the new ones.

With Naxx and GvG rotated out at least there are two less things, but it's still a shitload of things.