Bats Vs. Supes

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Bats Vs. Supes

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I actually liked it.

Could go on for days listing complaints of course but...

It was a very comic-booky movie. Probably too much Frank Miller who is a shit comicbook writer but the movie did a very good job of finding things for all it's characters to do. Nobody in the movie felt useless or tacked on for the sake of cameo. I think what they did to get supes and bats to stop fighting was super clever. But because Wonder Woman was the only one having any fun, every time Wonder Woman was on screen she was a show stealer. Which is awesome. I'm excited for a Wonder Woman movie.

Some scenes felt super disjointed, but it was a much better movie than say Age of Ultron, where every character and scene just felt pointless.
Aquamang!
hi
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Bats Vs. Supes

Post by badfo »

The general feeling I've got from impressions is that if I didn't like Man of Steel then I probably won't like this. I don't think I'll see it anytime soon. There's something about some of Snyder's movies that just sort of put me to sleep (300 was like this, too).
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I'm much keener to see this now that it's tanked haha. Sounds like there's quite a few weird moments
Darth Snuggles
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Darth Snuggles »

There are so many things I could complain about, but I'll just say it was a pretty silly film. I also think that if you weren't a pretty big DC fan who read a lot of comics and watched most of the animated shows and films there might be a lot of confusing stuff.
Personally I'm just glad that this film now lets DC move PAST Batman and Superman and into exploring JLA etc. Why we needed a Bats vs Supes instead of just going straight to a JLA film I don't know, but whatevs.
Like did we really need to see Batman's fucking origin story AGAIN!?

Ugh.