I'm Voting for Trump

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Re: I'm Voting for Trump

Post by badfo »

Like 90 percent of people who call themselves libertarians these days are really just super conservative Evangelicals who are scared of da drugs and da imgrants.

Of the rest, 9 percent grow out of it by 25. The other 1 percent support Rand Paul.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

Pewps wrote:I work with a guy who is a huge Cruz supporter. Every day he comes in butthurt about Trump and it's so delicious. He says he's a libertarian and I asked him if he supported Rand Paul, and he said he prefers Cruz because he's not a "social libertarian" because the government should protect us against weed and abortions, and then proceeded to talk about how Planned Parenthood is selling baby parts

This election is glorious in the worst way
Thats beautiful.

One of my Colleagues is very flamboyantly gay and is a registered republican because he's from Missouri or Kansas or whatever. He's really into Bernie Sanders. I don't really understand what sort of values he has, and he confuses me.

I've met a few actual Libertarians and they're about as republican as anyone really gets in Berkeley or SF. It's absolutely ridiculous in California though, because Enron, I just accept that those people have no genuine understanding about how their society functions.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

isgrelindisguise wrote:It's absolutely ridiculous in California though, because Enron, I just accept that those people have no genuine understanding about how their society functions.
Anarcho-Capitalists or something? I've only ever encountered those in High School
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

I wish I lived in America so I could vote for Trump. Then again, he won't need my vote since he can't be stumped.

Thaed
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Thaed »

I dunno if it's just because I've finally started playing Fallout 4, but this (https://www.rt.com/op-edge/336785-world ... k-silence/) is kinda worrying (and also it's been 7 years and I still don't know how to work that url thing).

Is there much truthfulness to it? I know that Pilger is a controversial figure, so I'm not sure if things have been over-exaggerated or not. Apart from the defense spending part, I'd say that the small paragraph on politics in Australia at the end is under-exaggerated.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

The answer ought to be glaringly obvious. The United States is encircling China with a network of bases, with ballistic missiles, battle groups, nuclear-armed bombers.
What he is referring to is China building airstrips in the Spratly Islands, which are the subject of a dispute with the Philippines – a dispute without priority until Washington pressured and bribed the government in Manila and the Pentagon launched a propaganda campaign called "freedom of navigation."
I feel like he's ignoring a lot of saber rattling from Russia and China. If those two assholes kept to themselves, the US wouldn't need to build shit right on their doorstep. I know that's sort of hypocritical of the US because we're always getting up in everyone's shit, and I don't agree with it, but I don't think we should allow Russia or China to, either.

But yeah, Hillary is deffo a war hawk
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

RT is basically a propaganda media outlet funded by the Russian government, so keep that in mind. IIRC, Pilger was pro-Russia invading Ukraine.

But yeah, Hil is as big a war hawk as a Democrat generally can be. Not as bad as somebody like Cruz, but she is. US has an absurdly large military budget. Bases everywhere. Huge navy. Lots of weapons. All that's true and unlikely to change.

In a more competitive Democrat field she might have taken more heat for it, but it's not competitive, and the back and forth between her and Sanders has been fairly nice and almost non-confrontational, at least as far as politics go.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

badfo wrote:RT is basically a propaganda media outlet funded by the Russian government, so keep that in mind. IIRC, Pilger was pro-Russia invading Ukraine.

But yeah, Hil is as big a war hawk as a Democrat generally can be. Not as bad as somebody like Cruz, but she is. US has an absurdly large military budget. Bases everywhere. Huge navy. Lots of weapons. All that's true and unlikely to change.

In a more competitive Democrat field she might have taken more heat for it, but it's not competitive, and the back and forth between her and Sanders has been fairly nice and almost non-confrontational, at least as far as politics go.
That and that Sanders has very little interest in talking about the military and foreign policy. He gave Clinton a pass on a big weakness for her in the dem primaries--Obama and the rest of the field beat her with this stick in 08.

I've resigned myself to the Clinton presidency. What a shitshow this election has been.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Apparently there's a sex scandal with Cruz now?

Don't know if it's true or not but this election cycle just getting juicier and juicier
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pewps wrote:Apparently there's a sex scandal with Cruz now?

Don't know if it's true or not but this election cycle just getting juicier and juicier
"Ted Cruz sex scandal" is the most disturbing string of four words possible in the english language.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

phpBB [video]
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I'd vote for Andrew WK

phpBB [video]
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Andrew W.K. is my spirit animal
Immediately after this broadcast, Andrew was charged with inappropriate broadcast content by the local telecommunication authorities.
Fucking Oklahoma ruining EVERYTHING
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

phpBB [video]
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I really hope Britain leaves. How fucking boring would it be if we go through all this hubbub and they decide to stay?
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I'm going to London in September so I kind of hope they stay. Looks like they're leaving.
stan van bundy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

If Britain leaves I wonder if Scotland and Northern Ireland will jump ship.
hi
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Scottish Parliament will absolutely ask for another independence referendum.

I don't know if Irish unification is really a thing but some people have mentioned it.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Isn't this so much more exciting than staying?
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

It seems like a big annoying mess.
stan van bundy
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

One of the reasons violence has decreased so much along the Irish border is that because theyre both EU countries they dont have a border check, making the whole thing less important. With Britain out, ireland is going to have to enforce customs and vice versa.

I'm expecting either a Northern Ireland exit or an uptick in terrorism within 5 years of the actual exit.

I'm sure Scotland is gone.

So exciting.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

E X C I T I N G
X
C
I
T