What are you wonderful people up to?

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Re: What are you wonderful people up to?

Post by badfo »

Nothing this year, new Battlefront in 2017, Visceral game w/ Hennig in 2018 and then supposedly at least a game a year after that. Respawn is making one. I know games take a long time to make but 2019 better be an RPG or a Jedi Knight spiritual successor.

I just don't think I am forgiving enough to play an MMO anymore. I've been ruined.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

badfo wrote:Nothing this year, new Battlefront in 2017, Visceral game w/ Hennig in 2018 and then supposedly at least a game a year after that. Respawn is making one. I know games take a long time to make but 2019 better be an RPG or a Jedi Knight spiritual successor.

I just don't think I am forgiving enough to play an MMO anymore. I've been ruined.
Have you played any of the battlefront expansions?

I heard that they were doing a death star and a rogue one expansion and I thought that might be cool. Match finding was fucking up for me in March or April when I last played and I haven't touched it since. Curious as to what kind of state its in now.
hi
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I haven't bought any of the DLC but I've played some of the free maps that they added. The big Hoth one is pretty cool. Matchmaking was fine but I was only playing the popular modes so I dunno.

They added bot matches.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

The way they adapted the chess fight in Karazhan to Hearthstone is pretty cool.
Darth Snuggles
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Darth Snuggles »

I purchased Fallout 4 last week during the Steam Bethesda sale. I am now filled with deep buyer's remorse.

Perhaps if I install a billion mods it'll be better.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Darth Snuggles wrote:I purchased Fallout 4 last week during the Steam Bethesda sale. I am now filled with deep buyer's remorse.

They just need to get better writers. The open world stuff is cool but their writers are on WWE-levels of shit. I don't understand Bethesda's hardon for forcing familial relationships onto the protagonist.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

Pewps wrote:
Darth Snuggles wrote:I purchased Fallout 4 last week during the Steam Bethesda sale. I am now filled with deep buyer's remorse.

They just need to get better writers. The open world stuff is cool but their writers are on WWE-levels of shit. I don't understand Bethesda's hardon for forcing familial relationships onto the protagonist.
The engine fallout 4 runs on is terrible. The game they designed is too much for the engine they used, and the game they designed doesn't even look that great to begin with.
I haven't bought any of the DLC but I've played some of the free maps that they added. The big Hoth one is pretty cool. Matchmaking was fine but I was only playing the popular modes so I dunno.

They added bot matches.
Are all the maps they added free? I remember being concerned that expansions would segregate the community and make matchmaking harder. Cool that they added free maps regardless. Also seems like they're commited to the franchise if they added bot matches and stuff, which gives me hope for BF2.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

NO grel

The story was FUCKIN GARBAGE
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Hearing FF got delayed again?

If it comes out the same time as Persona 5 I'm getting Persona as any sane adult would only one JRPG may live at once so think this through square.
stan van bundy
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I can't get myself to care all that much about FF15. Every time I see something it just seems so meh. Other than that gif of their transformer car, but that's not enough.

Apparently No Man's Sky is a bucket of lies and misrepresented features.
isgrelindisguise wrote: Are all the maps they added free? I remember being concerned that expansions would segregate the community and make matchmaking harder. Cool that they added free maps regardless. Also seems like they're commited to the franchise if they added bot matches and stuff, which gives me hope for BF2.
No, there are DLC maps, too, which is annoying.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

badfo wrote:Apparently No Man's Sky is a bucket of lies and misrepresented features.
Honestly, anyone who heard 'procedural generation' and didn't automatically assume the game was gonna be shit deserved to have $60 stolen from them
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

It's not even that it seems bad, at least for the genre. it seems perfectly mediocre. There's probably a hundred different survival games as good as or better than No Man's Sky that scratch similar itches.

But there's quotes of the dev team kind of shitting on how other games use skyboxes and the way they do day / night cycles, saying NMS has real physic models and light sources and functioning solar systems and whatever.

But it turns out NMS uses skyboxes, too. You can't fly to the sun. The planets don't move. They do day / night cycles the exact same as everybody else. They don't have a real universe. Each system is a self-contained level that you fast travel to through a bog standard world map. It's ordinary.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Also apparently it runs like absolute garbage on PC. Not at all optimised, impossible to get good frame rate, even on beast computers

Lame
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

It apparently has the quality of a steam greenlight game. At least the dayz mod had multiplayer.
stan van bundy
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I look forward to getting incredibly excited for this only to be let down:

phpBB [video]
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I think I'll play Abzu when I get home
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

badfo wrote:I look forward to getting incredibly excited for this only to be let down:

phpBB [video]
The short story is good, plus Sicario is dope, so I have hopes.
stan van bundy
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

The person in charge of the trailer music tried really hard to get me to hate this.

phpBB [video]

Shapeshifting: The Game
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I can't even get Mankind Divided to get past the intro videos when you launch it. As soon as it gets to the title screen it crashes to desktop. GUESS I'LL JUST HOLD ON PLAYING IT FOR A FEW MONTHS.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pewps wrote:I can't even get Mankind Divided to get past the intro videos when you launch it. As soon as it gets to the title screen it crashes to desktop. GUESS I'LL JUST HOLD ON PLAYING IT FOR A FEW MONTHS.
Really? Aside from some performance drops in a few places, I haven't experienced any problems with it. Already put 25 hours in it. The game is damn good.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

fallenchicken wrote:
Pewps wrote:I can't even get Mankind Divided to get past the intro videos when you launch it. As soon as it gets to the title screen it crashes to desktop. GUESS I'LL JUST HOLD ON PLAYING IT FOR A FEW MONTHS.
Really? Aside from some performance drops in a few places, I haven't experienced any problems with it. Already put 25 hours in it. The game is damn good.
Yep. They claimed they deployed a patch to fix this exact issue, but myself and according to the steam discussion page, many other people are still having the problem. I'm not sweating it too much since Legion releases next week.