What are you wonderful people up to?

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Re: What are you wonderful people up to?

Post by badfo »

isgrelindisguise wrote: I've been gaining weight and all of a sudden everything is fitting me better. American clothing is weird, but it's designed to fit the bell curve not the outlier's. Congratulations on the weight loss, now quit the pipe.
It's really frustrating. Selection is already pretty limited due to my height but apparently now I'm in this weird spot where tall sizes / extra longs are either harder to find or just flat out more expensive. I could get something made-to-measure, but I'm still losing weight so that seems like a waste of money if it won't fit in six months. Just need something simple to get me through summer weddings and shit.

Did you watch da 100 this season?
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I'm in a campervan on the middle of England, heading north to Scotland to rendezvous with Nessy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

isgrelindisguise wrote:
Pewps wrote: I saw a lesbian couple making out in front of a waterfall, that was neat. They weren't even fat
It's a little weird to me that this is novel. Not a lot of Lesbians in Tulsa, I gather?
There might be, they don't generally make out in front of waterfalls tho
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Reminds me of this time I was waiting for my train around midnight and these two girls were trying to eat each other's faces. It was kinda awkward.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

badfo wrote:
isgrelindisguise wrote: I've been gaining weight and all of a sudden everything is fitting me better. American clothing is weird, but it's designed to fit the bell curve not the outlier's. Congratulations on the weight loss, now quit the pipe.
It's really frustrating. Selection is already pretty limited due to my height but apparently now I'm in this weird spot where tall sizes / extra longs are either harder to find or just flat out more expensive. I could get something made-to-measure, but I'm still losing weight so that seems like a waste of money if it won't fit in six months. Just need something simple to get me through summer weddings and shit.

Did you watch da 100 this season?
Just go to weddings on the west coast, I've never owned a suit or a tie.

I watched some of the 100, will watch the rest eventually. think I got one episode post dead lesbo
hi
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

The Oklahoma difference is that all the lesbians making out in front of waterfalls are fat.

pano don't get eaten by a Scot.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Oh yeah I also went to that place where the Goonies was shot where that rock is out in the ocean

There were supposed to be puffins but there wasn't a single one when I went, I was EXTREMELY disappointed
Thaed
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Thaed »

Pewps wrote:Oh yeah I also went to that place where the Goonies was shot where that rock is out in the ocean

There were supposed to be puffins but there wasn't a single one when I went, I was EXTREMELY disappointed
They were probably too busy writing unpopular opinions and posting them on the internet.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Thaed wrote:
Pewps wrote:Oh yeah I also went to that place where the Goonies was shot where that rock is out in the ocean

They were probably too busy writing unpopular opinions and posting them on the internet.
I've gotta do something to pass the time at work
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

My catalytic converter broke and I've got no one to complain about it to

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Has anyone played Hyper Light Drifter? Seems like salobait in all the right ways
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

badfo wrote:chak's a big mom person
I love big moms.

Why are you in my neighborhood Pewps.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Sobchak wrote:
I love big moms.

went to look at waterfalls
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

Pewps wrote:
Sobchak wrote:
I love big moms.

went to look at waterfalls
bum deal.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

DiGiorno's pizza pisses me off. I have cooked their pizzas in 3-4 different ovens, and EVERY TIME the cheese/toppings get scorched and the dough ends up soft and/or gooey. You pretty much have to cook it 25-50 degrees lower than what the directions say to even get a decent pizza out of it.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I didn't expect this but on an impulse buy Doom is the funnest shooter I've played in a long time.
stan van bundy
Darth Snuggles
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Darth Snuggles »

NBN Co technicians have finally reached my neck of the woods. Super fast internets here I come. Fibre to the home mofos.

'Muricans prolly like, What you Aussies don't enjoy fast downloads and unlimited content? What is this the Middle Ages?

Yes it truly feels like we're in some Dark Age in this country sometimes.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

Darth Snuggles wrote:NBN Co technicians have finally reached my neck of the woods. Super fast internets here I come. Fibre to the home mofos.

'Muricans prolly like, What you Aussies don't enjoy fast downloads and unlimited content? What is this the Middle Ages?

Yes it truly feels like we're in some Dark Age in this country sometimes.
No. :[

I live and sometimes work in Silicon Valley and nobody here gets fiber because of telecomm monopolies. You're going to have faster internet than me if they install fiber for you.

Except the part about the caps. Internet caps boggles the mind.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

You'd think all the states with weed money would fund government-run fiber service, fuckin' idiots in the government throwing it away on garbage like school
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

All those kids that got upset about schools funding wouldn't be if that money was going toward fiber. Pewps for governor 2018.

Lots of places in the US have garbage internet, too. Pretty lucky here in that we avoid the worst telecoms in Oklahoma (I'm assuming because nobody gives a shit). Fiber some day though. Hopefully.

Is NBN still fiber or was that one of the things they fucked up when they decided to fuck it up?
Thaed
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Thaed »

badfo wrote:All those kids that got upset about schools funding wouldn't be if that money was going toward fiber. Pewps for governor 2018.

Lots of places in the US have garbage internet, too. Pretty lucky here in that we avoid the worst telecoms in Oklahoma (I'm assuming because nobody gives a shit). Fiber some day though. Hopefully.

Is NBN still fiber or was that one of the things they fucked up when they decided to fuck it up?
Right now it's part fibre part copper, Snuggles is getting hella lucky if it's fibre to the home and I'm in a jealous rage. Basically they want to run the fibre to a node in a street, then use copper to connect it to people's homes. Which basically negates the whole thing and costs a whole lot more in upkeep.

If Labor wins the next election it miiiight change to fibre to the distribution point (people's driveways, I think), but that's more or less speculation at this point. Either way, the original plan has been completely fucked for cheap political points/sucking Telstra's dick.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Google FIber has been building in SLC forever. When/if I'll ever finally get it remains to be seen, but it's supposedly happening. Some lucky neighborhoods have it.
stan van bundy
Darth Snuggles
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Darth Snuggles »

Thaed wrote: Right now it's part fibre part copper, Snuggles is getting hella lucky if it's fibre to the home and I'm in a jealous rage. Basically they want to run the fibre to a node in a street, then use copper to connect it to people's homes. Which basically negates the whole thing and costs a whole lot more in upkeep.
I honestly thought that this late in the game we were going to get to the node and then copper. Which as Thaed rightly points out is a complete waste of time and money and what's the point of even doing it? (Aside from the political shenanigans and fat cat back scratching that is).

All I can surmise is that when the Libs scuppered the original Labour plan they maintained all the allocations that were already in place, so even though it's years later after the policy change, my suburb had already been given an installation schedule/deadline under the old scheme which was all fibre to the home.

Either that or the Libs allocated budget money to allow for a certain percentage of Fibre to the home and the rest would be to the node. That wouldn't surprise me either being that this is a fairly Richie Rich suburb and allocating quality of infrastructure based on median income is just the kind of slimy thing the LNP would do.
Thaed
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Thaed »

Yeah, you're pretty on the money from what I've read. Anywhere that had all the contracts already set up will have those seen through, and I think new suburbs will have it built instead of laying copper.

At one stage areas with copper that was too damaged were going to have fibre laid all the way, but I've also heard that new copper has been lain in some areas, too. I'm going off the odd articles I've read over the past few years though, and to be honest I'm too disillusioned with the whole thing to bother reading any more. Next 44 days will be the death of me.

edit: Speaking of, http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 519-gozcdw .

Conroy's office just got raided by the Australian Federal Police regarding leaks about the NBN. Should be interesting, either it's going to bring public attention to the shittyness of the NBN, it'll be spun as the LNP using the AFP for political gain (not like it's the first time), or it'll be spun as Labor being a potential security risk, since that's probably the main issue the LNP could win on.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Australian politics so bad. Shorten and Turnbull are like the same person. Libs will win next election because Malcolm has been reasonably inoffensive which is pretty easy if you're following old Tone Abot