What are you wonderful people up to?

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

What are you wonderful people up to?

Post by fallenchicken »

I just got back from a six week stay in San Diego. It was a lot of fun and the weather was very beautiful. Now i'm back in utah and it's kind of hot.

What's going on with you all? Any good games to play? I might buy the new batman tomorrow.
stan van bundy
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Re: What are you wonderful people up to?

Post by badfo »

I've had some weird acid in my stomach but I medicated it and it's gone.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I'm heading to Chicago for a week next Saturday, and I've never been, so that's exciting.

I went back and played some old games I had bought and never finished so now I've finally played through BioShock Infinite (weak gunplay, convoluted plot, great setting, loved the twins) and most of Borderlands 2 (fun, after the seriously terrible pacing issues in early game). Still waiting on the Arkham Knight PC patch before I continue that, but I dislike the batmo-tank.

I may have lost my taste for 4X Fantasy Games, which is sad, because I used to love them.

I've been playing some GW2 but there's been a content freeze while they prep for their expansion. I downloaded Skyforge and have been dabbling in that a bit. Progression system is like the ARPG Path of Exile to some extent so that I can't start out as the classes that I'm most excited about so thats a drag.

In CK2 I've got a game going where I conquered Poland as Lithuania, reformed the pagan baltic religion, conquered parts of modern day Belarus (in game Ruthenia) subsequently lost Poland to a distant cousin, and decided to launch a Baltic Pagan invasion of Ireland and Wales. i keep raiding the coast of Navarra in the hopes of kidnapping a Basque princess to force into concubinage and to raise my children, but so far she's been elusive.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I was playing FFXIV and the story is about as good as a normal Final Fantasy game, I just got burnt out though. So now I'm playing nothing.

Also has anyone played Life is Strange? Is it good? Do I get to hold hands with other qt3.14 girls?
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

I'm waiting for the Batman patch too. :[

I played some Shadow of Mordor which is kinda fun, but I'm pretty terrible at it. I don't focus on stealth at all, which is getting me killed a bit, early game. I finally got around to starting The Wolf Among Us, which is cool. I haven't played any other Telltale stuff so I'm having fun.
Sadface that donkey girl died. Would've banged
GW2 is a bit overwhelming and I kinda have no interest in learning what the fuck I'm doing again. Diablo 3 is a lot easier for my feeble mind to grasp. I play that still occasionally, when I want to feel raw power coming from my mindless clicks.
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Life is Strange is pretty fun but I am not able to continue because the game keeps glitching in episode 3. However I seem to be the only one with that issue. Worth nabbing on a sale.

Trigger warning: Hipsters.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I love Life is Strange. It's campy YA goodness.
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Anyone watching true detective? Just started. First two eps were shit but third ep is pretty good.
stan van bundy
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

I'm watching True Detective. Turning on the new episode as I'm typing this. Season really picked up the last two episodes, might not be enough to redeem the season though.

Joined an adult baseball league full of guys who washed out of community college teams. Lots of hilarious anger issues and our manager is like a 50-year-old, really nice guy who can't really keep anyone's tempers in check. He gets mad and says "Darn it stop throwing the fricking helmets!"
Last edited by Sobchak on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

fuck baseball
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

Pewps wrote:fuck baseball
I updated the story for you.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Wimble wrote:I'm waiting for the Batman patch too. :[

I played some Shadow of Mordor which is kinda fun, but I'm pretty terrible at it. I don't focus on stealth at all, which is getting me killed a bit, early game. I finally got around to starting The Wolf Among Us, which is cool. I haven't played any other Telltale stuff so I'm having fun.
Sadface that donkey girl died. Would've banged
GW2 is a bit overwhelming and I kinda have no interest in learning what the fuck I'm doing again. Diablo 3 is a lot easier for my feeble mind to grasp. I play that still occasionally, when I want to feel raw power coming from my mindless clicks.
Mordor is good, game gets easier as you progress, so I think some of those earlier challenges are some of the most fun. The rival system they have is super cool and something I wish Arkham Knight had. I remember a couple of the enemies it generated for me.

The last few episodes of Wolf Among Us really frustrated me in it's storytelling. I know Chkn loved it, so I'm curious to think what your opinion ends up beeing.

I don't think there's any point in trying to learn GW2 mechanics until you hit level cap. Personally I wouldn't even try. Builds are based as much around stats and sigil/rune combinations as they are on spec and getting the stats and rune/sigil combos you want are so much easier at level cap than they are while leveling. It's something I would recommend sticking with.

I've been craving a good ARPG. Been thinking about D3 but I dunno.
hi
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Sobchak wrote:I'm watching True Detective. Turning on the new episode as I'm typing this. Season really picked up the last two episodes, might not be enough to redeem the season though.

Joined an adult baseball league full of guys who washed out of community college teams. Lots of hilarious anger issues and our manager is like a 50-year-old, really nice guy who can't really keep anyone's tempers in check. He gets mad and says "Darn it stop throwing the fricking helmets!"
I have a friend/co-worker in an adult slow-pitch softball league where he's the youngest guy on his team. Last season they went something like 0-17 but so far they're 2-2 this season. Some of us were thinking about getting drunk and going to his next game (against, like, a lawyer's office), and singling out one player on the opposite team to heckle. Probably won't happen because it's in Sunnyvale and fuck Sunnyvale, but it's a fun though.

Speaking of shitty places, you still in Roseville?
hi
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

My biggest problem with GW2 is that the races are a bit dooty. Asura or bust.

Re Wolf: I enjoy the telltale style and the fable side of it. I feel like I'm making terrible choices but maybe that's the point. I died against the woodsman :] I'll probably pick up the borderlands one when it's finished. The walking dead and GOT ones seem less appealing.

Diablo got a lot better after the ROS patch. They're about to add a new area too, which is neat. Adventure mode + rifts are good for a laff.

I watched one ep of true detective and was pretty underwhelmed. I'll try to watch more soon.
fuck baseball
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

The ending of Wolf Among Us is really disappointing, but I found the earlier episodes to be a lot of fun, for the same reasons as bado. Life is Strange is probably the best game I've played of this--the time travel gimmick works really well with the choice format, and your choices do actually seem to matter more than in Taletell games.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

guys check out my sig
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

Watching true detective, ballers (ballerz?) and brink. I dont really have any expectations with true detective so ive been enjoying it with the guys at work? I occasionally hear that some people arent liking it though, whatevs.

Trying to finish Inquisitor. Bought dark souls 2 finally (probably wont get played for awhile still), and borderlands prequel (got bored as expected). Mostly alternating between elder scrolls online and heroes of the storm at the moment.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Bought Batmang today. Like it so far but the game is too in love with the batmobile. I like stealth, emotionally terrorizing batman. Not twisted metal batman.
stan van bundy
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

isgrelindisguise wrote:I have a friend/co-worker in an adult slow-pitch softball league where he's the youngest guy on his team. Last season they went something like 0-17 but so far they're 2-2 this season. Some of us were thinking about getting drunk and going to his next game (against, like, a lawyer's office), and singling out one player on the opposite team to heckle. Probably won't happen because it's in Sunnyvale and fuck Sunnyvale, but it's a fun though.

Speaking of shitty places, you still in Roseville?
That'd be cool. People take this shit seriously, which is surprising. The level of play was better at my high school, except the pitching here can be insane. Most of these former JuCo guys throw mid-to-high 80s, and guys with slower stuff usually have rotator cuff problems so they just throw nasty curves and change ups.

Still in Roseburg. Going on six months now. Pulling long hours and every time an employee leaves the publisher won't hire a replacement. Our city editor (in title only, at this point) is a basket case and constant source of unintentional hilarity.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

fallenchicken wrote:Bought Batmang today. Like it so far but the game is too in love with the batmobile. I like stealth, emotionally terrorizing batman. Not twisted metal batman.
I just realized it handles pretty much exactly like the hovertank from Mass Effect 2's Overlord DLC. Considering the purpose of that was an afterthought mini-game from 4 years ago I don't think thats a good thing.
hi
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Much recommended show: Mr Robot. It's really good.
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

isgrelindisguise wrote:
fallenchicken wrote:Bought Batmang today. Like it so far but the game is too in love with the batmobile. I like stealth, emotionally terrorizing batman. Not twisted metal batman.
I just realized it handles pretty much exactly like the hovertank from Mass Effect 2's Overlord DLC. Considering the purpose of that was an afterthought mini-game from 4 years ago I don't think thats a good thing.
Yeah it's sort of disappointing so far. Although Batman Arkham City started off not so great but got good once you got through the beginning slog.
stan van bundy
Darth Snuggles
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Darth Snuggles »

I've spent the last couple of days cleaning up baby spew. Yay…..
It's incredible how quickly you become desensitised to all these disgusting things that babies do.

BUT I managed to play some KOTOR II the other night. Then I realised I should probably be playing Inquisition. But somehow the scope of that game is just too overwhelming for me at the moment.

I also have been watching True Detective and Mr Robot (which by episode 2 is giving me major Fight Club vibes), but I'm way behind on episodes. Oh also Dark Matter, which I started watching purely because it's Sci Fi and I'll give any Sci Fi a fair chance. I thought it was going to be pretty terrible, but it's surprised me so far.

Oh I did manage to also watch that film Ex Machina with Oscar Isaacs and the Weasley kid. Did enjoy, very good.

And aside from that, trying to not get into arguments with my sometimes backwards parents over topics like Gay Marriage, Immigration and the Adam Goodes situation.
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

I'm taking a deuce at work.