Witcher 3 hype thread

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Witcher 3 hype thread

Post by fallenchicken »

phpBB [video]
stan van bundy
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Gwent is officially the worst mini game I've ever played. I need a mod which removes it from my quest log because it pisses me off.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Tell me if you find the Serpentine/Viper armor sets anywhere, or really just any Witcher school stuff you find
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I beat Stjepan at Gwent and got his hero card. One inkeeper down. I was so proud of myself. Took like five tries.
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I have a viper steel sword that I got from somewhere--I think in a treasure hunt quest back on the starting island.

stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

fallenchicken wrote:I have a viper steel sword that I got from somewhere--I think in a treasure hunt quest back on the starting island.
Steel Sword is from the Crypt area I think? And there's a bandit hideout somewhere on the south-eastish part of the Island that gives the other sword. I'll post a screenshot when I get off work.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pewps wrote:
fallenchicken wrote:I have a viper steel sword that I got from somewhere--I think in a treasure hunt quest back on the starting island.
Steel Sword is from the Crypt area I think? And there's a bandit hideout somewhere on the south-eastish part of the Island that gives the other sword. I'll post a screenshot when I get off work.
Yeah both my swords are viper (at least for another couple levels) and both are in the starting area.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I don't get the level progression of zones. It's like you'll run into level 4-6 monsters, and then 30 feet away are level 10-16. Makes it difficult to figure out where the fuck I'm supposed to go to level.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Superior Ursine Silver Sword. I would enjoy to actually get the base item some time. I'm pretty sure 'Superior' is the 3rd stage, considering I need an 'Enhanced' version to craft it.

A quest giver will be at the orange circle. He'll give you a Witcher contract to kill a beast that hunts in thick fog, which will eventually lead you to its lair which is unmarked on the map. The cave is kinda weird, just make sure you explore all of it.

Also in order to dispel the illusion on the cave, you have to have a certain item that you receive from the main story. Finding the village witch and doing her quests should get you it.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Found a full set of griffin armor! All wearable by level 8. Go to this location and you'll get a hunter quest:

stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I can't handle this feel trip on the Bloody Baron quest

ty chikn, doesn't look too great but it'll be better than this armor I've had since level 1
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Haven't done Bloody Baren yet, doing the witch questline first.
stan van bundy
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

I spent 3 hours trying to beat that stupid
werewolf.

Worth it.

Also nekkers OP.

Edit: Trying to play a magey Geralt. But once again igni is fucking useless.

It only kills wolves way below your level, other than that you hope your opponent catches fire so you can get two to three hits in. And don't even get me started on firestream. It's like they had a meeting and discussed how they could possibly make igni worse. "Make it do less damage, halt your movement, let attacks interrupt your casting? GENIUS!"
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I'm going full alchemy tree. It has not disappointed me so far, I just wish I could carry more grenades and that manually aiming grenades wasn't such a hassle. Geralt, without fail, will hurl the grenade 30 feet over what I'm aiming at, then when I feel like I try to compensate for his over-throwing, he under shoots it and it basically blows up in my face.

Oils and extra potion durations are fantastic though. Also fuck any monster with health regen abilities.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

If either of you finish the Bloody Baron & Crones quests in their entirety, please tell me how it ended for you

because motherfucker
I freed the spirit under the tree, the spirit freed the children at the Crones' place, the Crones punished Anna by turning her into a Water Hag. I lifted the curse to turn her to normal, but she still dies. As a result, the Baron hangs himself and Tamara goes to Novigrad. I really want to know what happens if I just straight up kill the spirit under the tree. And since the Baron kills himself, the men under his command essentially become bandits.
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Haven't done it yet but read that:
The crones eat the children, this drives the girl mad. Then you kill the crones or something. Baron goes to find help for the girl and it might turn out fine. So basically it's better except children get eaten.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

only finished the crones questline, doing Baron now, so not opening those spoils yet. But I did finish the Keira questchain.
:( It seemed like the only options was to kill her/let her leave. I killed her. It seemed a little harsh.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

fallenchicken wrote:only finished the crones questline, doing Baron now, so not opening those spoils yet. But I did finish the Keira questchain.
:( It seemed like the only options was to kill her/let her leave. I killed her. It seemed a little harsh.
The mage lady? I told her to go to Kaer Morhen
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pewps wrote:If either of you finish the Bloody Baron & Crones quests in their entirety, please tell me how it ended for you

because motherfucker
I freed the spirit under the tree, the spirit freed the children at the Crones' place, the Crones punished Anna by turning her into a Water Hag. I lifted the curse to turn her to normal, but she still dies. As a result, the Baron hangs himself and Tamara goes to Novigrad. I really want to know what happens if I just straight up kill the spirit under the tree. And since the Baron kills himself, the men under his command essentially become bandits.
Just finished the quest line. Picked the opposite path u did:
I didn't trust the spirit under the tree and killed it. You go back and the witches have stolen he children, Anna has gone crazy and is just lying in a ball in the house. You, the Baron, and Tamara +Eternal Fire dudes all ascend on the swamp to free her. You get there and fight off the monsters. The Baron is determined to help his wife, and so takes her to the blue or purple or some color mountains to look for a hermit healer, while Tamara has to stay in service with the Eternal Fire dudes.
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

also @ gromm,
you don't kill the crones. Just escape with ANna. I don't know as I'm avoiding spoilers and just making decisions as they come, but I have a feeling the crones will be showing up later in the game.
stan van bundy
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Must have misread then. Will do the quest on my own today.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Apparently you can find a book that gives the backstory on what's actually going on between the weird sisters and the spirit in the tree:
shiiit.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

fallenchicken wrote:
Pewps wrote:If either of you finish the Bloody Baron & Crones quests in their entirety, please tell me how it ended for you

because motherfucker
Just finished the quest line. Picked the opposite path u did:
I didn't trust the spirit under the tree and killed it. You go back and the witches have stolen he children, Anna has gone crazy and is just lying in a ball in the house. You, the Baron, and Tamara +Eternal Fire dudes all ascend on the swamp to free her. You get there and fight off the monsters. The Baron is determined to help his wife, and so takes her to the blue or purple or some color mountains to look for a hermit healer, while Tamara has to stay in service with the Eternal Fire dudes.
Reckon I'll just have to let the little bastards die next time.

That entire quest chain, man. I really just wanted the Baron and AT LEAST his daughter to rebuild their relationship. After you deal with the waves of monsters the Baron is like, "I'll meet you back at the castle for your payment" and he seems like he's a bit happier, because his wife at least died with a smile on her face and when you finally walk up to his house, you just see his fat corpse hanging from the tree with all of his men just staring at him, because they didn't even bother to stop him. It's just what the fuck.

Baron had a hard life
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Baron's a great character, and it's got to rank one of the best quest chain's in a rpg, ever. He does sort of rekindle with his daughter in the Baron>innocent little children quest choice. she wants to go with him but that shady Eternal Flame dude is like nah, you swore an oath and have to stay here and serve the flame and shit. And Baron assures her he'll take care of the shell of the woman that is Anne.

Also, I guess the crone curse must have made her look older? Because I thought she was forty. That lady ain't 40.

I do kind of feel bad about the children though. Who will that godling in the forest sing to now?
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

**Did the Baron have a weird little mutant monster like from the Goonies running around his house, that isn't really explained for you guys? He apparently won it in a card game? WTF was that?
stan van bundy