Witcher 3 hype thread

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Witcher 3 hype thread

Post by Grommok »

Sided with Iorveth, they still have a quest. You get it by playing through the main quest.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Grommok wrote:Sided with Iorveth, they still have a quest. You get it by playing through the main quest.
ahh thanks
stan van bundy
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

lol scrubs

Won the tournament, didn't lose a single match. Image

Gromm ploughing king of gwent.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I really want Thaler, such a based fucking card
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

I bought him from some innkeep on skellige. Afraid I don't remember which one. Probably one of the bigger isles.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Fist fighting in this game is fucking trash. I would take either of the previous game's version over it than this garbage. In one fist fight it'll allow me to use signs and roll around in an open area, and the next fight will be in an enclosed space fighting against two guys and it won't let me roll. Go suck my dick, CDPR

Yes I'm mad
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

my game is glitched and I'm not receiving xp from quests. I have to wait for the patch next week. Sucks so fucking bad. Before 1.3 my game was running perfectly.
stan van bundy
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Parry > two strong attacks > repeat seems to work for me in fist fights. But having to fight more than one enemy is complete bullshit, yeah.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Grommok wrote:Parry > two strong attacks > repeat seems to work for me in fist fights. But having to fight more than one enemy is complete bullshit, yeah.
It's the ones that happen in the story that are always bullshit
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Think I'm going to have to give up on clearing the map. 99% of the loot you get is completely useless.
Oh yay, another blue sword. Bitch please, I have a superior Griffin sword.
Also hunting them all down was really reducing the enjoyment of the game for me. But what are you gonna do about that OCD.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Grommok wrote:Think I'm going to have to give up on clearing the map. 99% of the loot you get is completely useless.
Oh yay, another blue sword. Bitch please, I have a superior Griffin sword.
Also hunting them all down was really reducing the enjoyment of the game for me. But what are you gonna do about that OCD.
Yeah I stopped hunting stuff down a while ago. If I'm doing a Secondary Quest/Witcher Contract and I pass by one, I'll go get it real quick, but I stopped going out of my way to get them. Especially considering once you get to Novigrad, money comes a lot easier so if I need crafting components, I just buy them.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I do enjoy exploring the world a lot, as it's very detailed and aesthetically interesting. But I agree that, after you hit Novigrad, a lot of the treasure chests and stuff is meaningless. Running g into a bandit camps and fucking shit up never gets old though. I haven't been to Skellige yet but I heard it's a lot of sunken chests, and I won't go out of my way to get those. The witcher gear is so much better than everything else in the game.

The side quests are masterful and always worth doing. So it's worth exploring at least the major points of the map to find them.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I switched from Alchemy to Swordsmanship and Swordsmanship is really fucking strong

Alchemy's endless bombs are fun, but when your strong attacks are hitting for multiple thousands it's hard to pass up
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

WHY CANT I MARRY HER

Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Cerys is Triss tier.

Edit: "Threesome" was hilarious. Joke's on you, I'll just go marry Cerys!
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I beat it after 88 hours of gametime. There were still probably 10+ side quests that I didn't even bother doing, and maybe 3-5 Witcher Contracts.

Story spoilers and stuff
I'm really disappointed Iorveth, Saskia, Yaevinn and I presume Siegfried never show up, but the first 3 definitely don't. I'm assuming there will be DLC. There was definitely a lack of Scoia'tel stuff. I think there might have been 2 quests involving them.

I had to kill Djikstra which made me feel bad because he was kind of a nice guy. He forced my hand. He was going to kill Thaler, Roche and Ves. I cut him right in half. Temeria got to be it's own state with a few strings attached.

Stuck with Triss, fuck Yennefer. I don't know how any can like Yen. She's a complete bitch. I wish there were a better way to equip different potions and bombs without having to go into your inventory, at least on PC. IT WOULD ALSO BE NICE IF I COULD PUT OILS ON A QUICKSLOT. I don't get why people fap over Witcher 3's combat. It's ALRIGHT but it can be pretty infuriating at times.

Eredin was a pretty laughable boss fight. Immleriathahitahith was more difficult imo.
10/10 GOTY, now I wish CDPR would git to gittin on Cyberpunk 2077
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

My biggest complaint is definitely the shitty UI and clunky controls. Agree with pretty much everything else you said.

Edit: finished the game. Played on Blood & Broken Bones. Started out pretty challenging but it became way too easy once I got a few skills. Boss fights were way too easy too. All future playthroughs will be on Death March.

Hated the limited skill slots, most of my other complaints have already been covered everywhere else.

I got the Witcher ending. Pretty pleased with it.

10/10 GOTYALLYEARS
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Now it's time to play the first two games again and come back to 3 once I've upgraded my PC.
Toaster speed no fun.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I kind of wish that they would have made the last battle take place at Kaer Morhen. That way you start the series with a battle there and end the series with a battle there.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-blood-win ... -detailed/

May 31st. Only 17 bucks. Probably going to be game of the year again.
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Blood and Wine is really amazing. Feels like a whole new game.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

fallenchicken wrote:Blood and Wine is really amazing. Feels like a whole new game.
How long would you say it is?
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Pewps wrote:
fallenchicken wrote:Blood and Wine is really amazing. Feels like a whole new game.
Probably 35-40 hours. Have over 20 hours in it so far and haven't made much of a dent. Which is cool. It's like as big as a mass effect game.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

fallenchicken wrote:
Pewps wrote:
Probably 35-40 hours. Have over 20 hours in it so far and haven't made much of a dent. Which is cool. It's like as big as a mass effect game.
Damn what the fuck, I was thinking the DLC would be like 15 hour or something, that's insane