@grel

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

@grel

Post by Pewps »

I seen you logged into GW2 recently. Is it any fun at max level? Or is there still nothing to do?
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Re: @grel

Post by isgrelindisguise »

I've been enjoying it a lot. I don't have to do a silly gear grind to be able to compete in normal PvP although I find myself doing the World vs World PvP more. WvW is more focused on max level characters if you want to make meaningful contribution to your team outside of 20+ person zergs, but the gear grind at max level is pretty easy if you're trying to obtain basic end game gear, and the more advanced gear only has about a 5% stat improvement over the basic stuff so it isn't like I fight people with massive stat advantages over me. I get rolled occasionally, sometimes its because of class counter, but usually its because they're better than me.

Dungeons are by and large still bad, with a meta-game built around maximum damage output when 80% of the people running those builds don't have the personal skill to stay alive long enough to make use of them. A lot of the dungeon mechanics are just bypassed using terrain or skill exploits. Some of the newer stuff is better, but still less than amazing.

Open World PvE is getting better. The most recent zone they released has some fun fort defending mechanics that they top off with a challenging but not cheap boss fight.

But the highlight for me has been the sheer variety of viable builds outside of dungeons. different weapon combos, character builds, armor stats and armor rune selection allow for a large amount of customization.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Are professions worth doing?
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Yes. they give experience and stuff. They'll also be your biggest money sinks and your best money makers.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Give me access to the gbank
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

done
hi