Dargon Age 3

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Dargon Age 3

Post by badfo »

Apparently they added a real auto attack keybinding that yo can bind. Follows the target and everything. Not as ideal as just having it auto attack but no more holding down R.

WIsh I had this when I was playing my dagger rogue when the game came out.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

badfo wrote: WIsh I had this when I was playing my dagger rogue when the game came out.
retweet.
stan van bundy
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Apparently Dragon Age Inquisition's first DLC comes out tomorrow with absolutely no warning
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Yer. Apparently already on the Xbox store. Don't see it on Origin yet.

Also this is one of those really annoying "First on Xbox" deals where PS4 doesn't get the first DLC right away. But since it's on PC it's really just "MS paid EA money to keep PS4 owners from playing it right away" which is pretty terrible.I know Sony does it too but all this does is just keep people from playing.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

the pay to prevent ps4 owners from having DLC for a few months is one of xbox's favorite strategies. I remember when they paid rockstar an obscene amount of money to get the gta4 dlc a few months ahead. I guess it's easier than funding your own first party games tho.
stan van bundy
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Isn't the Destiny deal with Sony really terrible? Like PS4 gets extra content for a year. I hate this shit. Same with Tomb Raider being a timed Xbox exclusive.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

badfo wrote:Isn't the Destiny deal with Sony really terrible? Like PS4 gets extra content for a year. I hate this shit. Same with Tomb Raider being a timed Xbox exclusive.
Yeah. Xbone doesn't get the PS4 exclusive stuff til like September of this year or something. It's an entire Strike and one of the few where the last boss isn't some giant strafing fatty who shoots rockets at you. There's only like 5 strikes or something total including that one so, yeah, it's pretty fucking dumb.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Has the Black Emporium been added in yet?
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

No. They added item storage and armor tinting in the underrcroft but no emporium yet.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Apparently the general sentiment regarding the new DLC is that it's not worth $15. It's another vacant area with a decent amount of fetch quests and a short story that is 3-5 cutscenes. I think this whole "open-world" thing they're going for is putting a damper on the actual aspects of Dragon Age that people enjoy.
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

You know things are bad when Dragon Age 2 looks amazing in comparison.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Grommok wrote:You know things are bad when Dragon Age 2 looks amazing in comparison.
This is the Grommok hyperbole I know and love.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Pewps wrote:Apparently the general sentiment regarding the new DLC is that it's not worth $15. It's another vacant area with a decent amount of fetch quests and a short story that is 3-5 cutscenes. I think this whole "open-world" thing they're going for is putting a damper on the actual aspects of Dragon Age that people enjoy.
$15 is pretty steep for a new area even if it's a big one.

There's a new dragon and some boss fights *and apparently some Scout Harding?) so I might end up buying it, but it's level 20. My daggerdorf is 18 so it's probably doable, and my mage is 24 so it definitely is, but I've already finished the game on those and I'm not sure I want to revisit them even though you can. And I don't think I'm going to get that high on any other playthroughs. I like when DLC doesn't require a finished save but with the recommended level so high it basically does anyway.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I just hope they don't make all the DLC like this. I would much rather have 2-3 hours of an actual story mission than 10+ hours of open world gather-collect quests
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Other than Black Emporium (which is supposed to be free) I don't know what they are going to do. I'm not sure they'll do any post-game stuff since I don't think they did that for either DA2 or ME3 (I might be wrong). It would be cool if they did another Awakening-style thing but I doubt it.

I made the mistake of going to BioWare's forums yesterday looking for info and they are obsessed with Solas and basically want every DLC to be 3 hours of anal with him.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I imagine they'll do a Witch-Hunt type DLC regarding him to bridge the gap between this game and the next
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Just give me Dorian+Varric buddy comedy and I'll be fine.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

It's out for PC now. I GUESS I'LL GET IT.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Pewps paying $15 for more Harding conversations confirmed.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

badfo wrote:Pewps paying $15 for more Harding conversations confirmed.
She really is the best waifu in the game

I'm largely disappointed by Cassandra's romance arc. The buildup is too sudden, you do an incredibly brief quest, see her boobs then BAM, she's off to either reform the Seekers or
be Divine
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Normal enemies seem to have a metric shit ton of health and it's slowly eating away my will to finish this DLC
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Hakkon is literally just Crom
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Pewps you're doing a great job of selling this to me.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I beat the main story, I couldn't be assed to do the side quest stuff. The story was pretty neat. I definitely enjoyed the ending. The actual dragon fight was probably one of the easiest in game, surprisingly. The revenant boss was a huge pain in the ass so I was expecting the dragon to be a complete fuckhead, but he was a pushover. There's a lot of really good gear. The zone itself is probably better than the rest of the zones in game. It has a lot of variance. Swampy area, mountainous area, forest area.

I would recommend bringing Cassandra, and presumably Solas. There's one part that's pretty relevant towards Cassandra and I assume the same part also has Solas bits.
I didn't have a save where I could take Solas, unfortunately. There's a part towards the end that I definitely wish I could've seen what he would have said.
But yeah, probably not worth $15.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

The Avvar and the Jaws of Hakkon feel nearly like direct ripoffs of GW2's Norn and Sons of Svanir.