Dargon Age 3

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Dargon Age 3

Post by badfo »

I played that one tonight.

Varric had a few things to say but Solas and Dorian didn't have much. Must have saved all of it for Trespasser.

Story was good though. Area was pretty. Enemies and fights were great.

I'm terrified of what some of the fights would look like on nightmare. I ran 2H Templar, normal Varric, Rift + Lightning Solas and Dorian as a barrier and blizzard bot. Could have used a real tank but I had a decent amount of control and AoE so not too bad. Would probably have to cheat with Blackwall + a Knight Enchanter on nightmare.
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Pewps wrote:
Grommok wrote:
badfo wrote:Hakkon is solid DLC, grel. But it's just an area, so.

Grommok the trials are the options we were posting about above like half xp / level scaling etc. I don't know why Pewps is suggesting those to you though if the quests burn you out.

The nug is for the schematics.
Where do I find them though? I checked everywhere, can't find anything.
Trials? They're in the options, in the same area as Display and Graphics. I think they're the second option?
I have no such thing, do I need the new DLC for this?
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Grommok wrote:I have no such thing, do I need the new DLC for this?
I just looked it up, apparently they come with The Descent DLC, my b
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Cool, just glad the confusion is over. Heh.

Can't be bothered to give BW this much money, maybe it'll go on sale one day.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Grommok wrote:Cool, just glad the confusion is over. Heh.

Can't be bothered to give BW this much money, maybe it'll go on sale one day.
Unlike Jaws of Hakkon, I'd actually say the Descent is 90% worth it
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Solas u fuckin retard
I did not enjoy any of the combat in this DLC. Every fight with the Qunari was annoying. I ended up going batman at the end and disbanding the Inquisition. I get the feeling in the next game, assuming it happens, the protagonist will be an agent of the Inquisitor, what with that "we need to find people he doesn't know" line. Also yes Dorian should be a companion again.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Pewps wrote:Solas u fuckin retard
I did not enjoy any of the combat in this DLC. Every fight with the Qunari was annoying. I ended up going batman at the end and disbanding the Inquisition. I get the feeling in the next game, assuming it happens, the protagonist will be an agent of the Inquisitor, what with that "we need to find people he doesn't know" line. Also yes Dorian should be a companion again.
I thought something similar. Or you are some normal person in Tevinter trying to not get eaten by Qunari and then something happens and you become super special and Dorian and Harding holla at you and then you do stuff and then the Inquisitor shows up like Hawke showed up and they don't have their arm and then you combine powers Captain Planet style and blow Solas up.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I must save Solas

Even if he is a retard
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Can someone give me a tl;dr of what happens?

Started playing again a bit today. Orlais looks pretty amazing with maxed graphics. Sadly no amount of graphics fix Sera's face.

Edit: caved and bought the DLC.
Last edited by Grommok on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Pewps wrote:I imagine they'll do a Witch-Hunt type DLC regarding him to bridge the gap between this game and the next
i was right btw
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Grommok wrote:Can someone give me a tl;dr of what happens?

Started playing again a bit today. Orlais looks pretty amazing with maxed graphics. Sadly no amount of graphics fix Sera's face.

You're hanging out a couple years after the game then you go somewhere and something happens and then you're like woah and then you go somewhere and other stuff happens and then this goes for a while until the end of the the DLC at which point things stop happening.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

badfo wrote:You're hanging out a couple years after the game then you go somewhere and something happens and then you're like woah and then you go somewhere and other stuff happens and then this goes for a while until the end of the the DLC at which point things stop happening.
I fucking knew it.
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

badfo wrote:
Grommok wrote:Can someone give me a tl;dr of what happens?

You're hanging out a couple years after the game then you go somewhere and something happens and then you're like woah and then you go somewhere and other stuff happens and then this goes for a while until the end of the the DLC at which point things stop happening.
Makes sense.

I just got the templars as allies. Got a lot of approval from Cassandra. But in cutscenes she's not happy with it. It's rather strange.

Also I tried to get some mods but apparently nothing works because it all requires the DAI mod manager and that only works up to Jaws of Haiku.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Nah the mod manager definitely works post-Hakkon. I've used it. The authors usually update it pretty quickly after each patch. This one came out yesterday.

http://dawnlesssky.tumblr.com/post/1289 ... -available

I think the only thing not listed there is I believe you have to disable mods for one part of the Descent or else it crashes. But they might have fixed that.

edit: Apparently here is a list of mods that work without having to be updated: http://daimodder.tumblr.com/post/128651 ... r-and-mods
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

Awesome, thanks.
Will check it out tomorrow. I just want some mods that give me easier access to crafting materials since going around picking flowers isn't exactly my idea of fun.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

Finished it. And Jaws of Hakkon
It was okay. I went Batman too. They did a good job of interspersing dialogue based on choices I'd made previously.I think I really like the lore about the Elven Gods being slavers. I also enjoy Qunari as villains and thought the saraas boss fight was pretty badass. Qunari leader was meh and the crossroad vistas were pretty dull, even as an elf where they're supposed to be more colorful. I enjoyed the little side doors though.

I enjoy Cassandra Divine. I have a Vivenne Divine save I might play with too. I liked Blackwall having been given to the Wardens. Much more pleasant companion although a little extra bland now that he doesn't suffer from unquenchable self-loathing.

Solas... ergh. Excited about Tevinter though.

Hakkon was good. Avaar are awesome. I recruited the bear.

Descent is my favorite though. Even with the dorky loose end ending.
hi
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

They are adding Qunari as a multiplayer faction on Tuesday apparently. There's also a saarebas character now (convenient how the last two characters have lore reasons for being mute). No mana costs and no cooldowns. You rotate through forms with each ability, and each ability acts different depending what form you are on. It's pretty good.

Actual spoilers:
I have a Viv divine save I want to run through the DLC at some point. It's the one I think has the potential to have more interesting story consequences. Lel as divine seemed like she just rotated between spymaster and divine conversations. I guess I want to see Cassandra as divine with the knowledge about the seekers to see how that plays out, but I don't have a save for that.

Iron Bull also seems like he would have some decent variation. Apparently he and Dorian can get together in the base game if you use them both and go through their stories enough. I thought the only one like that was Blackwall and Josie.

Told you Hakkon was good. It doesn't feel very DLCy though since it's so much like the base game. Ameridan stuff was cool despite me hating everything about elves.

I saw on Reddit the other day that hints that Flemeth was Mythal were in both DAO and Origins. Like her grimoire has Mythal's logo on it, Merrill says the pendant was Mythal's, Morrigan mentions feeling like she's Dalish because of what her mother taught her etc.

Oh and I disbanded the Inquisition, too. My mage was pretty adamantly anti-chantry, anti-chosen one and all that during the base game so it didn't make sense to hand over control to the chantry even if Lel is in charge. Maybe especially because Lel is in charge because she can be a bit bat shit.

If Qunari are going to play as big a role in the next game as it looks like I hope they revisit the design. They are so terrible in Inquisition. They fit in DA2's art style much better.
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

The mod that removes looting animations is like a must have. Everything just flows so much better now.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

isgrelindisguise wrote:Finished it. And Jaws of Hakkon
It was okay. I went Batman too. They did a good job of interspersing dialogue based on choices I'd made previously.I think I really like the lore about the Elven Gods being slavers. I also enjoy Qunari as villains and thought the saraas boss fight was pretty badass. Qunari leader was meh and the crossroad vistas were pretty dull, even as an elf where they're supposed to be more colorful. I enjoyed the little side doors though.

I enjoy Cassandra Divine. I have a Vivenne Divine save I might play with too. I liked Blackwall having been given to the Wardens. Much more pleasant companion although a little extra bland now that he doesn't suffer from unquenchable self-loathing.

Solas... ergh. Excited about Tevinter though.

Hakkon was good. Avaar are awesome. I recruited the bear.

Descent is my favorite though. Even with the dorky loose end ending.
I think the femdorm was the weakest part of The Descent
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Post by isgrelindisguise »

badfo wrote:They are adding Qunari as a multiplayer faction on Tuesday apparently. There's also a saarebas character now (convenient how the last two characters have lore reasons for being mute). No mana costs and no cooldowns. You rotate through forms with each ability, and each ability acts different depending what form you are on. It's pretty good.

Actual spoilers:
I have a Viv divine save I want to run through the DLC at some point. It's the one I think has the potential to have more interesting story consequences. Lel as divine seemed like she just rotated between spymaster and divine conversations. I guess I want to see Cassandra as divine with the knowledge about the seekers to see how that plays out, but I don't have a save for that.

Iron Bull also seems like he would have some decent variation. Apparently he and Dorian can get together in the base game if you use them both and go through their stories enough. I thought the only one like that was Blackwall and Josie.

Told you Hakkon was good. It doesn't feel very DLCy though since it's so much like the base game. Ameridan stuff was cool despite me hating everything about elves.

I saw on Reddit the other day that hints that Flemeth was Mythal were in both DAO and Origins. Like her grimoire has Mythal's logo on it, Merrill says the pendant was Mythal's, Morrigan mentions feeling like she's Dalish because of what her mother taught her etc.

Oh and I disbanded the Inquisition, too. My mage was pretty adamantly anti-chantry, anti-chosen one and all that during the base game so it didn't make sense to hand over control to the chantry even if Lel is in charge. Maybe especially because Lel is in charge because she can be a bit bat shit.

If Qunari are going to play as big a role in the next game as it looks like I hope they revisit the design. They are so terrible in Inquisition. They fit in DA2's art style much better.
Yeah the design... it took me a while to figure out I was fighting qunari qunari and not human qunari.
hi
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sigmarsson »

Josephine is bugged and I cant romance her on my 90+ hour playthrough :*(
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Sigmarsson wrote:Josephine is bugged and I cant romance her on my 90+ hour playthrough :*(
I feel like her tongue-rolling is obnoxious and I'd banish her if I could
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I don't know how you manage to be so consistently wrong about things, Pewps.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

badfo wrote:I don't know how you manage to be so consistently wrong about things, Pewps.
YOUR WAIFU A SHIT
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

I never noticed any tongue clicking. Maybe it's because Mother Gazelle's voice makes every other character sound better.