Dargon Age 3

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Dargon Age 3

Post by isgrelindisguise »

When they pick someone up if you use a strong physical attack against it they drop the party member and are stunned briefly.

I finished the DLC.

Hard, pretty good side story and really cool area design.

Bring shitters who can AoE stun things from a distance. Probably should have been using Solas over Dorian. Oh well.

I still haven't finished Hakon.
hi
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

AAW FUCK, we already gettin another DLC

phpBB [video]
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

She said the f word, so edgy.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Grommok wrote:She said the f word, so edgy.

ya but
solas
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Pewps confirmed for ridiculous Solas fandom faction.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

why can't you just accept me for who i am
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

it's not right
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

I still need to upgrade my PC so I can play this game properly. But on the other hand I really don't feel like doing any of its fantastic side quests.

Edit: FUCK IT, BOUGHT A GTX 980. WITCHER EAT MY GIGS.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

I don't know if they added these in the most recent patch or one before it, but they added these things called "Trials" which alter some gameplay elements:

But anyway, the very top one "Even Ground" makes it to where all enemies in the game scale to your level, regardless of what zone you're in. I'm pretty happy about this one because inevitably you got to a point where you outleveled at least 1-3 zones and it felt like a chore having to kill/avoid enemies that were so much lower level than you.

One of them makes bears into death machines, things like that
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I didn't see those. The level scaling and half xp ones are great.

They added an optional way to sync your schematics / mounts / seeds etc across your saves once you've beaten the game once. Also the best feature: different Skyhold outfits. They nerfed Spirit Blade for Knight-Enchanter so it's slightly less god mode (It's still basically god mode).

I beat the new DLC. More linear, less exploration like the first two games. There's some things to poke around in but you're not roaming large areas. Also has an Origins-style epilogue filling you in on where everybody goes after the end. I haven't played the second yet but I'll get around to it eventually because DORFS.

Actual spoilers:
Pointing to Tevinter for the next DA game, whenever that is. Also seems like an easy way to have Dorian be a companion in the next game, too, which needs to happen.

Double Hawke mentions (if she lives), first trying to figure out what's up with the Wardens and then apparently she returns to Kirkwall to chill with Varric. So what was up with the Wardens? I guess saving that for another game. Lel was Divine in my game and fuck buddies with the Warden from DAO previously, and there's mention of them chilling together and everybody being "oh man why is the pope sleeping with this dude" but it all works out. No seeing him obviously.

Also fuck Solas. I think he amputated my Inq's forearm.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

badfo wrote:They added an optional way to sync your schematics / mounts / seeds etc across your saves once you've beaten the game once.
how you do this
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

nevermind found it
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

I don't see any of these options. Where are they? :[

They pumped up unbowed in single player to the point where it can give a warrior +50% damage resistance and +50% damage output for 15 seconds in addition to generating basically full guard vs. group fights.

Also Templar Mumbo Wumbo combo is ridiculous with an upgraded charging bull. And grappling chain/Mighty blow in combo with those +damage to stunned and knocked down enemy talents is pretty good too.
Last edited by isgrelindisguise on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

isgrelindisguise wrote:I don't see any of these options. Where are they? :[

They pumped up unbowed in single player to the point where it can give a warrior +50% damage resistance and +50% damage output for 15 seconds in addition to generating basically full guard vs. group fights.
You have to load in a save. They are under Trials in the menu. Doesn't appear in main menu.

They apparently killed unbowed in multiplayer. Was it the same change? Like a 32s CD now + that extra stuff. I haven't tried it though.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

I haven't checked in MP. But it MP they originally killed the 32 second whatever cool down to 12 seconds, which meant you could basically keep full guard in almost every situation. If they killed it in MP it basically ruins the sword and board classes.
hi
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I think a lot of people didn't run unbowed before but it means you actually have to use things like taunts and shield wall. Or just do the combo on templar and ignore being a tank. Easier to just use unbowed.

I don't think it was that powerful in multiplayer but it was a really easy skill to fit in so you could ignore guard generation. Maybe they thought it was a crutch for weird builds nobody plays like legionnaire with 3 DPS skills + Unbowed. Silent Sister and AW still have higher survivability and much more damage than builds like that so what's the point? I can face tank a Revenant on perilous with a Silent Sister but not with either of the shield classes.
isgrelindisguise
Totals M'Gotals

The Templar build I wanted to try that I can't really now was mumbo wumbo + shield bash + unbowed. The nerf basically just increases the disparity between the older classes and the new supes OP ones. If it even ends up as a nerf. Maybe 50% damage increase and reduction for half of the time is as ridiculous as it sounds on paper, but I think it'll end up reducing damage output on some of the weaker offensive classes in MP.

I don't know if I'll ever play Hakkon.
hi
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

I upgraded my PC and can run this game perfectly now but I just can't get into it because of the grindy nature of the side quests. It makes replaying so hard. :(

Technically I could skip most of it but my completionist brain prevents me from doing that.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Grommok wrote:I upgraded my PC and can run this game perfectly now but I just can't get into it because of the grindy nature of the side quests. It makes replaying so hard. :(

Technically I could skip most of it but my completionist brain prevents me from doing that.
use the trials u faget
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

the wat now

Edit: I found a golden nug but can't find any references to this "trial thing" except for... you know, a game trial.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Hakkon is solid DLC, grel. But it's just an area, so.

Grommok the trials are the options we were posting about above like half xp / level scaling etc. I don't know why Pewps is suggesting those to you though if the quests burn you out.

The nug is for the schematics.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Walk Softly gives enemies new abilities and whatnot and if you combine that with Even Ground it always makes encounters somewhat interesting, so I figured that'd break up the monotony

Also it's really dumb how dagger rogues equip daggers onto their backs. It would look so much better if they just had them sheathed on the waste, but BioWare has to go for that edgelord factor. Also Hail of Arrows should apply to melee attacks
Grommok
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Grommok »

badfo wrote:Hakkon is solid DLC, grel. But it's just an area, so.

Grommok the trials are the options we were posting about above like half xp / level scaling etc. I don't know why Pewps is suggesting those to you though if the quests burn you out.

Where do I find them though? I checked everywhere, can't find anything.
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

Grommok wrote:
badfo wrote:Hakkon is solid DLC, grel. But it's just an area, so.

Where do I find them though? I checked everywhere, can't find anything.
Trials? They're in the options, in the same area as Display and Graphics. I think they're the second option?
Pewps
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Pewps »

The Descent was pretty fuggin dope