Spain VS USA

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

Spain VS USA

Post by BlueElephantKung-Fu »

tomorrow confederation cup who would win? assuming brasil wins their semi-finals, and spain wins theirs, what are the prospect on that one?
badfo

Re: Spain VS USA

Post by badfo »

I hate to say it, but Spain has it. Since we played for that 1-0 loss to you guys in Santander last year, you guys have been on a freaking roll, and we have been on a decline.

The 3-0 victory against Egypt was great to watch, but Egypt is clearly no spain.

I'm thinking 2-1 Spain with the USA grabbing a late goal. More than likely it will be 3-0 Spain, but here's hoping.

As for Brazil-Spain in the final, I don't know what to think. Spain is clearly the best team in the world, but Brazil is starting to heat up. This Ramires kid is something else. I'd probably give the edge to Spain.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""ebado""]I hate to say it, but Spain has it. Since we played for that 1-0 loss to you guys in Santander last year, you guys have been on a freaking roll, and we have been on a decline.

The 3-0 victory against Egypt was great to watch, but Egypt is clearly no spain.

I'm thinking 2-1 Spain with the USA grabbing a late goal. More than likely it will be 3-0 Spain, but here's hoping.

As for Brazil-Spain in the final, I don't know what to think. Spain is clearly the best team in the world, but Brazil is starting to heat up. This Ramires kid is something else. I'd probably give the edge to Spain.[/quote]

40 wins since last year and counting, we've been undefeated ever since Euro Cup, frankly I'm not very worried about USA, but you never know what they might do, brazil, I dunno, it feels like fighting a legend
IgnorantGavyyn
Totals M'Gotals

Post by IgnorantGavyyn »

[quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""][quote=""ebado""]I hate to say it, but Spain has it. Since we played for that 1-0 loss to you guys in Santander last year, you guys have been on a freaking roll, and we have been on a decline.

As for Brazil-Spain in the final, I don't know what to think. Spain is clearly the best team in the world, but Brazil is starting to heat up. This Ramires kid is something else. I'd probably give the edge to Spain.[/quote]

40 wins since last year and counting, we've been undefeated ever since Euro Cup, frankly I'm not very worried about USA, but you never know what they might do, brazil, I dunno, it feels like fighting a legend[/quote]

fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

USA by a mile

7-0
stan van bundy
Retocov
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Retocov »

Brazil need's to be faster then they are right now if they are going to beat Spain. Spain is the best all-round team IMO.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

Just found out that the finals and my cousins wedding are on the same day...
I am inclined to forgo the latter.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Entre flores,fandanguillos y alegrías,
nació mi España, la tierra del amor.
Solo dios pudiera hacer tanta belleza,
y es imposible que puedan haber dos.

[youtube:152tcydu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mQ7pvTfWLs[/youtube:152tcydu]
ImageImage

BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""JanssenDalt""]Entre flores,fandanguillos y alegrías,
nació mi España, la tierra del amor.
Solo dios pudiera hacer tanta belleza,
y es imposible que puedan haber dos.

[youtube:3imob56o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mQ7pvTfWLs[/youtube:3imob56o]
ImageImage

Image[/quote]
It's good to not be the only Spaniard on a Forum. Viva España
kaheynu
Totals M'Gotals

Post by kaheynu »

Don't know about all that but I'm having a deep, meaningful conversation with the chick in the bottom pic.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""kaheynu""]Don't know about all that but I'm having a deep, meaningful conversation with the chick in the bottom pic.[/quote]
Fap Fap? Spanish girls are the pwnzor

Dafne Fernandez is beautifull
kaheynu
Totals M'Gotals

Post by kaheynu »

Spain has been known to bring the hotness.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""kaheynu""]Spain has been known to bring the hotness.[/quote]
Seriously though that's one of the things I'm going to miss about spain, the number of hot girls you see per day has only been rivaled by nations like Colombia, and Brazil. Belgium is pretty fucking sad.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

Spain has the best team in the world at the moment, imo.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""salo_pano""]Spain has the best team in the world at the moment, imo.[/quote]
If Spain wins the confederation cup, and next year the World Cup I expect BJ's from everybody here.
Qual
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Qual »

I only have one soccer fantasy: Australia knocking England out of the World Cup.

Won't happen, but man that would be hilarious.

Who is the favourite for the WC, by the way? I know very little about soccer.
pano
Totals M'Gotals

Post by pano »

[quote=""Qual""]I only have one soccer fantasy: Australia knocking England out of the World Cup.

Who is the favourite for the WC, by the way? I know very little about soccer.[/quote]
Spain would be my bet.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Qual""]I only have one soccer fantasy: Australia knocking England out of the World Cup.

Who is the favourite for the WC, by the way? I know very little about soccer.[/quote]
As Salo said Spain, and I think Ebado would second that, we're on a never seen winning streak 40 matches won in a row, we didn't loose a single match since the Europa Cup qualification rounds, problem is spain tends to dissapoint the most when people are expect the most. Last EC nobody expected much out of Spain ,and then we bang the sucker. I hope we keep it up.
Qual
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Qual »

That's a pretty dominant record. Oh well, in the absence of any real feeling I now hope Spain wins. Bandwagon FTW.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Qual""]That's a pretty dominant record. Oh well, in the absence of any real feeling I now hope Spain wins. Bandwagon FTW.[/quote]
LOL one thing you have to give to spain is that we have a great fanbase, after years of loosing nobody stopped rooting. My cousin ran around naked holding the Spanish flag when we won the EC
Qual
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Qual »

[quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""][quote=""Qual""]That's a pretty dominant record. Oh well, in the absence of any real feeling I now hope Spain wins. Bandwagon FTW.[/quote]
LOL one thing you have to give to spain is that we have a great fanbase, after years of loosing nobody stopped rooting. My cousin ran around naked holding the Spanish flag when we won the EC[/quote]

I actually really loathe bandwagon supporters. In the sport I follow (Australian Football), the team I support had been average for years. Now we've been going well since 2007 heaps of people have jumped on. I hate that.

It's good to be passionate about sport IMO - doesn't matter what sport.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Qual""][quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""][quote=""Qual""]That's a pretty dominant record. Oh well, in the absence of any real feeling I now hope Spain wins. Bandwagon FTW.[/quote]
LOL one thing you have to give to spain is that we have a great fanbase, after years of loosing nobody stopped rooting. My cousin ran around naked holding the Spanish flag when we won the EC[/quote]

I actually really loathe bandwagon supporters. In the sport I follow (Australian Football), the team I support had been average for years. Now we've been going well since 2007 heaps of people have jumped on. I hate that.

It's good to be passionate about sport IMO - doesn't matter what sport.[/quote]
True, I support Real Madrid which was OP for years, last couple of years it's been doing pretty mediocre. A lot of so called supporters have stopped supporting. Fuck them.
badfo

Post by badfo »

Spain has to be the favorite as of now. A lot can change in a year, but it would be hard to argue against Spain.

Brazil has been up and down with their coach Dunga, but they can always be a threat if they have the right players on the field. They need to ditch Gilberto Silva and move a better technical player in that position. Felipe Melo is the shit. I wish Liverpool could get their hands on him.

Argentina could realistically miss the World Cup, though they sit in fourth place right now. They have tough games at Uruguay and at Paraguay and a tough home game against Brazil and an easy win against Peru. Lots of talent, but too inconsistent and they have horrible management.

Italy is too old. Germany is always a toss-up. France sucks. The Netherlands always play attractively, but it doesn't normally transfer to the World Cup. The African powers have been struggling, and no team from Asia or North America has a realistic shot. They best they can hope for is a semifinal appearance.

The English-language press will always tout England as having a realistic shot, but they don't. The English are too focused on making sure players with little to no technical ability (Aaron Lennon, your pick of any England fullback with the exception of Glen Johnson) get on the field to actually do well against top teams. Capello needs to just start accepting that the best place for Hargreaves and Barry might be as attacking fullbacks, and Carrick needs to play behind Lampard in midfield with your choice of wingers and Gerrard playing behind Rooney up top.

I don't like much about England.

But yeah, Spain's the favorite. I'll be at work during the game. :(

edit: Complete sentences FTW.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""ebado""]Spain has to be the favorite as of now. A lot can change in a year, but it would be hard to argue against Spain.

Brazil has been up and down with their coach Dunga, but they can always be a threat if they have the right players on the field. They need to ditch Gilberto Silva and move a better technical player in that position. Felipe Melo is the shit. I wish Liverpool could get their hands on him.

Argentina could realistically miss the World Cup, though they sit in fourth place right now. They have tough games at Uruguay and at Paraguay and a tough home game against Brazil and an easy win against Peru. Lots of talent, but too inconsistent and they have horrible management.

Italy is too old. Germany is always a toss-up. France sucks. The Netherlands always play attractively, but it doesn't normally transfer to the World Cup. The African powers have been struggling, and no team from Asia or North America has a realistic shot. They best they can hope for is a semifinal appearance.

The English-language press will always tout England as having a realistic shot, but they don't. The English are too focused on making sure players with little to no technical ability (Aaron Lennon, your pick of any England fullback with the exception of Glen Johnson) get on the field to actually do well against top teams. Capello needs to just start accepting that the best place for Hargreaves and Barry might be as attacking fullbacks, and Carrick needs to play behind Lampard in midfield with your choice of wingers and Gerrard playing behind Rooney up top.

edit: Complete sentences FTW.[/quote]

what ebado basically said, is that Spain is going to win because the rest of the world is too busy sucking.

If it's any consolation for you I have a wedding during the game, on that I am planning to ditch.
IgnorantGavyyn
Totals M'Gotals

Post by IgnorantGavyyn »

[quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""][quote=""ebado""]Spain has to be the favorite as of now. A lot can change in a year, but it would be hard to argue against Spain.

edit: Complete sentences FTW.[/quote]

what ebado basically said, is that Spain is going to win because the rest of the world is too busy sucking.

If it's any consolation for you I have a wedding during the game, on that I am planning to ditch.[/quote]

2 to zip with one less player....USA pwns la Madre Patria....