Alatriste

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

Alatriste

Post by BlueElephantKung-Fu »

Anyone seen that movie it's probably the single greatest Spanish movie ever made.

If you haven't seen it I suggest downloading it and seeing it with subs.

Clip is from the battle of Rocroi, first defeat Spain suffered in 200 years, the 'Tercio de Espinola' still exists today, in a modernized version of course, and still carries the nickname, Tercio sanguinario.

A shame only Gavyyn will understand the awesome of what Vigo Mortenses is saying.

[youtube:iyw3k0qp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aByhX4E8Wrk[/youtube:iyw3k0qp]
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Alatriste

Post by fallenchicken »

[quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""]Anyone seen that movie it's probably the single greatest Spanish movie ever made.

If you haven't seen it I suggest downloading it and seeing it with subs.

Clip is from the battle of Rocroi, first defeat Spain suffered in 200 years, the 'Tercio de Espinola' still exists today, in a modernized version of course, and still carries the nickname, Tercio sanguinario.

A shame only Gavyyn will understand the awesome of what Vigo Mortenses is saying.

[youtube:2w05wo79]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aByhX4E8Wrk[/youtube:2w05wo79][/quote]

I will buy this, and by buy I mean rent, and by rent I mean torrent.

But I doubt it will be better than pan's labyrinth.
stan van bundy
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""fallenchicken""]

I will buy this, and by buy I mean rent, and by rent I mean torrent.

But I doubt it will be better than pan's labyrinth.[/quote]
It exceeds it IMO, the sequences in Flanders give the war a grimmer look, and that fencing scene I posted earlier is from this film as well.
Qual
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Qual »

Will give it a look.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Qual""]Will give it a look.[/quote]
You BETTER, there will be a pop quiz next monday.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

In my opinion it sucks... or sucked... something that bad doesn't trascends in time.

The adaptation it's just too damn bad, and the rythim of the storytelling is just weird.
And I'm not trying to exaggerate anything, this movie is based on a series of novels, and it tries to sMash them into a 2hrs film... and that's just very wrong.

The books deserved much better... something as Alatriste, who became an idol for me... a terribly cynical man, who struggles through the decadent "Golden Ages" of the Spanish, and remains himself on every instance... firm and "virtuos" without knowing it... humble and brave, and corageous.
The movie's Alatriste is just empty... plain and simple... the times of reflexion occurr too damn fast, and I'm not being snobish there, that Alatriste remains just a brute, an assassin with a cape and a dagger in the eyes of those who didn't read the novels... don't know if it was a problem of direction rather than the screenplay... and I dare to say for sure that it wasn't Viggo...

I would recommend reading the books, and not watching this movie...
I rather watch Ninja Cheerleaders than to watch this again.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""JanssenDalt""]In my opinion it sucks... or sucked... something that bad doesn't trascends in time.

The adaptation it's just too damn bad, and the rythim of the storytelling is just weird.
And I'm not trying to exaggerate anything, this movie is based on a series of novels, and it tries to sMash them into a 2hrs film... and that's just very wrong.

The books deserved much better... something as Alatriste, who became an idol for me... a terribly cynical man, who struggles through the decadent "Golden Ages" of the Spanish, and remains himself on every instance... firm and "virtuos" without knowing it... humble and brave, and corageous.
The movie's Alatriste is just empty... plain and simple... the times of reflexion occurr too damn fast, and I'm not being snobish there, that Alatriste remains just a brute, an assassin with a cape and a dagger in the eyes of those who didn't read the novels... don't know if it was a problem of direction rather than the screenplay... and I dare to say for sure that it wasn't Viggo...

I would recommend reading the books, and not watching this movie...
I rather watch Ninja Cheerleaders than to watch this again.[/quote]
Party pooper.

Didn't read the novels perhaps that's why the movie didn't seem as utter fail to me.
Qual
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Qual »

BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Qual""]Image[/quote]
Seems oscar worthy to me.
Qual
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Qual »

Haven't seen it.

I'm interested though.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Qual""]Haven't seen it.

I'm interested though.[/quote]
If mute is on I'll watch it seven time.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

[quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""]
Party pooper.
[/quote]
How about I give you the finger ..|.. , and you give me my phone call?
[youtube:66xzfkqz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XierBpLGgwQ[/youtube:66xzfkqz]

Didn't read the novels perhaps that's why the movie didn't seem as utter fail to me.[/quote]
An utter fail would be not reading them.
Perphaps give the first one a try... you'll love it, even more when you're surrounded by those fawking flamencos...
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

[quote=""JanssenDalt""][quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""]
Party pooper.
[/quote]
How about I give you the finger ..|.. , and you give me my phone call?
[youtube:2ma46jak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XierBpLGgwQ[/youtube:2ma46jak]

Didn't read the novels perhaps that's why the movie didn't seem as utter fail to me.[/quote]
Perphaps give the first one a try... you'll love it, even more when you're surrounded by those fawking flamencos...[/quote]

HA!

Everyone knows baraja cant read good.
stan van bundy
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""JanssenDalt""]
Perphaps give the first one a try... you'll love it, even more when you're surrounded by those fawking flamencos...[/quote]
Maybe I just don't read them and keep saying the movie was OP even though it utterly rapes the characters. Flamencos aren't bad they fear the foreigners here. I'm like a god among mortals. Except that there are lot's of other gods, most of them African.