Muslim based guild for tor

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
Sigmarsson
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Muslim based guild for tor

Post by Sigmarsson »

They may have deleted the thread but my signature lives on!
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Wow I got a 2 week ban for making a muslim oriented guild.

Everyone call joannelaroche a Muslim hater for me.
Last edited by fallenchicken on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stan van bundy
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

[quote=""fallenchicken""]Wow I got a 2 week ban for making a muslim oreiented guild.

Everyone call joannelaroche a Muslim hater for me.[/quote]

We protect our own here.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

Post by BlueElephantKung-Fu »

[quote=""Sobchak""][quote=""fallenchicken""]Wow I got a 2 week ban for making a muslim oreiented guild.

We protect our own here.[/quote]
Got banned wait while I make an alt.
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

[quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""][quote=""Sobchak""][quote=""fallenchicken""]Wow I got a 2 week ban for making a muslim oreiented guild.

We protect our own here.[/quote]
Got banned wait while I make an alt.[/quote]

Are you making an alt?
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Anyone know how we can get hold of CNN or a major news organization?

I want to cause some trouble for this muslim hating site.
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

Wow I am disgusted by the ban of a Muslim guild I belonged to. They allow christian guilds, but not a Muslim guild. This is very offensive to me and I will do everything I possibly can to bring this to some sort of attention.

This site Discriminates a against Muslims. What is so wrong about wanting to be in a clan with muslim values?

You people make me sick.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... st1023830- probably wont still be up but whatever.
stan van bundy
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

Sobchak you being the only selkath warrior arround without a ban, how about you posting about the muslim discrimination?
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

Let's write up a draft here so that I have something legitimate to post beyond "HAY YAH DISCRIMINATION WTF MANG," because that's how I'd probably articulate it. Shall I write it in more of academic, argumentative prose, instead of a blatant internet flame?

The system is fail. My posts get deleted from a single flag or perhaps a little more. Am I alone in thinking that is complete, excuse me, bull-pucky.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Sobchak""]Let's write up a draft here so that I have something legitimate to post beyond "HAY YAH DISCRIMINATION WTF MANG," because that's how I'd probably articulate it. Shall I write it in more of academic, argumentative prose, instead of a blatant internet flame?

The system is fail. My posts get deleted from a single flag or perhaps a little more. Am I alone in thinking that is complete, excuse me, bull-pucky.[/quote]
I guess it did but it really offends me that I leave a pic of me having lured two children into the back of my van for 30 minutes no prob, I dennounce muslim discrimination = insta ban. It's pretty fucked up.
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

Tell me the whole story so that I have something to take to the people, instead of just what I know (which isn't much). We made a Muslim guild thread in the Guild Forums and it got taken down. That in itself is enough but I want to make sure I have the entire story - so dish.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

[quote=""Sobchak""]Let's write up a draft here so that I have something legitimate to post beyond "HAY YAH DISCRIMINATION WTF MANG," because that's how I'd probably articulate it. Shall I write it in more of academic, argumentative prose, instead of a blatant internet flame?

The system is fail. My posts get deleted from a single flag or perhaps a little more. Am I alone in thinking that is complete, excuse me, bull-pucky.[/quote]

the mods are deleting the muslim threads in seconds. They have to sleep sometime...and chicken doesn't have work tomorrow.
stan van bundy
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

[quote=""Sobchak""]Tell me the whole story so that I have something to take to the people, instead of just what I know (which isn't much). We made a Muslim guild thread in the Guild Forums and it got taken down. That in itself is enough but I want to make sure I have the entire story - so dish.[/quote]

A joanne laroche deleted the muslim clan thread, and banned me for 2 weeks.

Now every time we try to make a thread calling them out on the discrimination of muslims. They allow christian guilds and not muslim guilds.

WTF

I dont care if the guild was serious or not, and we had random people defending our right to have a muslim guild.
stan van bundy
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

I'm going to make my own Christian guild and see if it gets deleted. Because they're main argument would be "You're not really a muslim you're just doing it as a joke." Where as if I make a Christian guild as a joke and it doesn't get taken down, that argument is pretty much void. Do we agree?

Edit: Are you both out for 2 weeks? IP Bans?
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

[quote=""Sobchak""]I'm going to make my own Christian guild and see if it gets deleted. Because they're main argument would be "You're not really a muslim you're just doing it as a joke." Where as if I make a Christian guild as a joke and it doesn't get taken down, that argument is pretty much void. Do we agree?

Edit: Are you both out for 2 weeks? IP Bans?[/quote]

Yeah that could work. or make it a mormon guild, so it seems more like your serious, since the mods wont know anything about that religion.

2 weeks.
stan van bundy
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

[quote=""fallenchicken""][quote=""Sobchak""]I'm going to make my own Christian guild and see if it gets deleted. Because they're main argument would be "You're not really a muslim you're just doing it as a joke." Where as if I make a Christian guild as a joke and it doesn't get taken down, that argument is pretty much void. Do we agree?

Yeah that could work. or make it a mormon guild, so it seems more like your serious, since the mods wont know anything about that religion.

2 weeks.[/quote]

I like Mormon guild better. I'm in the process.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Sobchak""][quote=""fallenchicken""][quote=""Sobchak""]I'm going to make my own Christian guild and see if it gets deleted. Because they're main argument would be "You're not really a muslim you're just doing it as a joke." Where as if I make a Christian guild as a joke and it doesn't get taken down, that argument is pretty much void. Do we agree?

2 weeks.[/quote]

I like Mormon guild better. I'm in the process.[/quote]
Buddist guild would be even cooler.
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

[quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""][quote=""Sobchak""][quote=""fallenchicken""]

2 weeks.[/quote]

I like Mormon guild better. I'm in the process.[/quote]
Buddist guild would be even cooler.[/quote]

I already thought about Buddhist and that's a little too close to Muslim, not in terms of religion but in terms of what they would expect from us as posters. That's they're angle "You aren't muslim," so they'd easily say that about Buddhist. I think Mormon is the right degree of absurd.
Hello, I am making a venture into the SWTOR universe and bringing my friend Joseph Smith Jr. along with me. No, I'm not going to be going door-to-door to preach the holy word or try and convert any of you to my beliefs, I'm just trying to incorporate my beliefs that Joseph Smith Jr., were he alive today, would leap at the opportunity to use The Force and swing a rad lightsaber.

As a person with an avid imagination and passion for creativity, I've often found myself drawn to the mystic world of Star Wars. There are so many parallels between The Book of Mormon and the Star Wars Universe! (I'll probably write my thesis on it.) Notice the similarity between Yoda and the Mormon prophet Spencer W. Kimball!

If anyone is interested, just post here and we can get something started.
That's what I have so far. Kind of a barebones outline.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

I already thought about Buddhist and that's a little too close to Muslim, not in terms of religion but in terms of what they would expect from us as posters. That's they're angle "You aren't muslim," so they'd easily say that about Buddhist. I think Mormon is the right degree of absurd.
Hello, I am making a venture into the SWTOR universe and bringing my friend Joseph Smith Jr. along with me. No, I'm not going to be going door-to-door to preach the holy word or try and convert any of you to my beliefs, I'm just trying to incorporate my beliefs that Joseph Smith Jr., were he alive today, would leap at the opportunity to use The Force and swing a rad lightsaber.

As a person with an avid imagination and passion for creativity, I've often found myself drawn to the mystic world of Star Wars. There are so many parallels between The Book of Mormon and the Star Wars Universe! (I'll probably write my thesis on it.) Notice the similarity between Yoda and the Mormon prophet Spencer W. Kimball!

If anyone is interested, just post here and we can get something started.
That's what I have so far. Kind of a barebones outline.[/quote]

As someone who grew up mormon, that is perfect.
stan van bundy
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

Yeah, I don't know enough about Mormonism to make it seem any more knowledgeable than that, even though my cousin is mormon. I'll have to post this in a couple hours.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I was going to make a "Religious (Muslim) Discrimination on Forums?" thread in the feedback and support forums, however a few questions arose. Firstly, if it's worth making it on my Drakos account. Naturally, I'm aware that a thread of this nature has such potential for an insta-delete, that I kind of want it to run for a bit.

If I post it on Drakos, everyone will know it as either trolling or flamebait, but if I make another thread, I feel as though the point won't get across entirely.

Also, Damnit, I think I just got infracted.
fallenchicken
Totals M'Gotals

Post by fallenchicken »

[quote=""Drakos""]I was going to make a "Religious (Muslim) Discrimination on Forums?" thread in the feedback and support forums, however a few questions arose. Firstly, if it's worth making it on my Drakos account. Naturally, I'm aware that a thread of this nature has such potential for an insta-delete, that I kind of want it to run for a bit.

If I post it on Drakos, everyone will know it as either trolling or flamebait, but if I make another thread, I feel as though the point won't get across entirely.

Also, Damnit, I think I just got infracted.[/quote]

Well it will get insta deleted. We should leave it be for right now.

But later on make a thread complaining about it, and dont give them any reason to ban you.

Hopefully people will see it and will be upset like we are.
stan van bundy
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Drakos""]I was going to make a "Religious (Muslim) Discrimination on Forums?" thread in the feedback and support forums, however a few questions arose. Firstly, if it's worth making it on my Drakos account. Naturally, I'm aware that a thread of this nature has such potential for an insta-delete, that I kind of want it to run for a bit.

One week from now my temp ban expires I'll make it then, they can perma ban me for all I care, I'm genuinly offended by thier ban over muslim religion.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

I could do one as well. These mods are getting ridiculous, but I don't have any history that would really affect their opinions on it being a troll post.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Cuyir""][quote=""Drakos""]I was going to make a "Religious (Muslim) Discrimination on Forums?" thread in the feedback and support forums, however a few questions arose. Firstly, if it's worth making it on my Drakos account. Naturally, I'm aware that a thread of this nature has such potential for an insta-delete, that I kind of want it to run for a bit.

I could do one as well. These mods are getting ridiculous, but I don't have any history that would really affect their opinions on it being a troll post.[/quote]
No worries I'll do it after my temp ban, I might as well go for the perma-ban now that this place is around.