This Ends Now Part Deux

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

This Ends Now Part Deux

Post by badfo »

So, now that the thread has been closed (but not deleted, AND with the promise of Sean being aimed directly at it, I'm no longer certain how to proceed. Was my mission accomplished? Maybe. Do I want to continue discussion of the topic? Certainly. Is it worth the IMMEDIATE infraction and possible temp-ban to Immediately ninjapost a thread comprised ENTIRELY of quotes of the original thread in a New thread entitled "This Ends Now, Pt. II"?

*ponders*
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

Re: This Ends Now Part Deux

Post by BlueElephantKung-Fu »

I think it would retract from it. Just leave it as it is. If by monday nothing happened, I promise you all hell shall brake loose.
badfo
Totals M'Gotals

Post by badfo »

Monday then, we shall see what the verdict is.
MuffMuff

Post by MuffMuff »

The largest problem I can see is the inconsistancy and sporadic infractions imposed by the moderators. I'm assuming this is just because of the new moderators caused from the influx of SWToR forums members from the E3 reveal (if you call it that). Anyway each of these new mods has a different background and do things "their way" whereas in the pre E3 era Sean dealt with most things by himself and we were aware as to how he functioned as a mod. They honestly need to just inform us as to the point system, bans, and how they will handle forum functions such as locking, deleting, merging, etc.

[size=99px]and unban Torm so the OT will start to heal.[/size]
Qual
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Qual »

[quote=""ebado""]Full disclosure: I have 12 infraction points over 6 infractions.

People think I'm a troll, though I am not one. People also associate me with as a member of a group of current and former posters they consider trolls.

I recently received a two-point infraction for "trolling" because the mod said I was being sarcastic (I'd post the PM conversation where he/she was quite rude and borderline flaming toward me, but I've forwarded that to Sean's e-mail and will see what develops there before I post this mod's rather illuminating tirade against me).

What did I do?

A new poster made a "Hi I'm new to TOR" thread, and I responded, politely welcoming him and giving him a brief, neutral overview of the forums.

This mod deemed that sarcastic and handed me a two-pointer.

The Baraja incident is 10x worse.

It wasn't about sex. It wasn't about a taboo topic.

It was an apples and oranges, Star Wars vs Star Trek topic in a different (but still innocent) mold. Can I understand deleting? Absolutely. A five-pointer for it? How does that work?

Another one not mentioned here:

Gavyyn made a thread about the five-character limit in this forum (Website feedback). Caleb moved the thread to OT and gave him a warning for posting in the wrong forum. What was wrong there?

Are there any answers? Or is this thread just going to get deleted and everybody handed an infraction?

To those who complain that we are voicing our concerns: Hi Welcome to the forums. [/quote]

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... 495&page=3

Geez that's accurate.