Murder.

A place where you won't get an infraction for being polite.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

Re: Murder.

Post by BlueElephantKung-Fu »

[quote=""JensenBakura""]
Yeah - I think I'm done with this thread...no offense.[/quote]
Wasn't trying to scare you off, just saying, life sucks, no matter how much people like to paint it off as pink coloured, or say shit like: you can be whatever you want. It's all messed up, and I think most people don't realise to what degree.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Sobchak""]
It's true. My description of war is more or less a romantic film from the '60s, but that's the only legitimate excuse in which war has a justification for killing to me. It's never going to be "good guys vs bad guys," regardless of the era, regardless of the technology. Today battles aren't fought on beaches with infantry but stealth bombers and embargoes. I'm just sayin'.[/quote]

The reason I joined up with the military and later on a PMC is because I used to read tons of novels on classic history romanticism etc. you end up believing that every man battle is something glorious, and in that conviction I ended up doing stupid stuff. It's what disturb me most about today's media, war, battle, fighting etc. often gets romanticized, and to boot they make it gore free so children wouldn't be shocked by it, what you get by that is a generation of children who think war fighting and killing can be justified.

I have a younger brother that seems to be going to the same phases as I was at his age. He lives in awe of novels about king Jaime the conqueror etc. no doubt there were great men, but the age of great men has ended, now a days it's just the guy with the greater bomb that wins the war. I just hope my brother doesn't piss away his best years trying to fulfil his romantic vision of war.
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

[quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""][quote=""JensenBakura""]
Wasn't trying to scare you off, just saying, life sucks, no matter how much people like to paint it off as pink coloured, or say shit like: you can be whatever you want. It's all messed up, and I think most people don't realise to what degree.[/quote]

I don't really know how to approach this topic, because it feels like maybe it's just a difference in where we grew up. I've never been to Spain, particularly your neighborhoods, so I really can't relate too sincerely. Where I'm from, we have a lot of poverty related crime. A lot of drug crime, a lot of theft, a lot of burglary. Obviously murders and rapes happen, but things of that magnitude just haven't struck home for me, for which I'm thankful.

All of the turmoil within my family is addiction related. Sex addiction, yes, gambling, yes, prescription drugs, yes, illegal drugs, yes. Nothing particularly heinous, but ugly enough.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Sobchak""][quote=""BlueElephantKung-Fu""][quote=""JensenBakura""]
Wasn't trying to scare you off, just saying, life sucks, no matter how much people like to paint it off as pink coloured, or say shit like: you can be whatever you want. It's all messed up, and I think most people don't realise to what degree.[/quote]

I don't really know how to approach this topic, because it feels like maybe it's just a difference in where we grew up. I've never been to Spain, particularly your neighborhoods, so I really can't relate too sincerely. Where I'm from, we have a lot of poverty related crime. A lot of drug crime, a lot of theft, a lot of burglary. Obviously murders and rapes happen, but things of that magnitude just haven't struck home for me, for which I'm thankful.

All of the turmoil within my family is addiction related. Sex addiction, yes, gambling, yes, prescription drugs, yes, illegal drugs, yes. Nothing particularly heinous, but ugly enough.[/quote]

I grew up close to Vigo, which can be compared to Cocaine cowboys era miami, practically a third of all the drugs for Europe enter through that port, naturally I got involved as well because Scarface made it seem cool. My father was involved in fencing stolen cars and electronic hardwares, I'm pretty sure he was pimping to some degree as well but never confirmed, apparently he picked it up from his father that smuggled polish cigarettes to england.

TBH drugs is nasty business if you're on the streets, you work yourself up a bit and you get blinded by the cash and forget the damage you're causing. But I remember being 17 and being offered BJ for a gram of coke, by some 22 year old that lived next to a garbage can. I guess criminality used to run in the family happy I broke free of it though. Again biggest worries are for my kid-brother. Creepy part is I'm worried about having my own children dunno if I will be any good a father seeing as my father has always been pretty bad with me.
Sobchak
Totals M'Gotals

Post by Sobchak »

Yeah, it's not really like that here. We've got our fair share of crackheads and druggies, but I think the majority of it is all theft related to drugs. The city my school is located in is one of the worst meth-abusing cities in the world, full of harmless bums just walking the streets like the living dead, begging for change. They get so fried that they just become beggars. I've got a handful of friends who, like a good chunk of college students, sling weed, and one of them is actually fairly ridiculous because he's a great kid, and a smart dealer, so it's hard for him to walk away from the opportunity when he's making 10-15 grand in the summertime between terms where the rest of us are working meager summer jobs for minimum wage. It's a nasty business, a seductive line of work too, especially for people who feel that there's no way out. Everyone I've seen enveloped in the drug dealing game has found themselves there because they were backed against the wall in one way or another. I've seen plenty of well-off kids piss their lives away on things like Oxycotin and Ecstasy, but they all hit bottom and found themselves working at Burgerville or a construction company, it's the people who 'need' something out of it that become enveloped in the dealings.
BlueElephantKung-Fu
Totals M'Gotals

[quote=""Sobchak""]Yeah, it's not really like that here. We've got our fair share of crackheads and druggies, but I think the majority of it is all theft related to drugs. The city my school is located in is one of the worst meth-abusing cities in the world, full of harmless bums just walking the streets like the living dead, begging for change. They get so fried that they just become beggars. I've got a handful of friends who, like a good chunk of college students, sling weed, and one of them is actually fairly ridiculous because he's a great kid, and a smart dealer, so it's hard for him to walk away from the opportunity when he's making 10-15 grand in the summertime between terms where the rest of us are working meager summer jobs for minimum wage. It's a nasty business, a seductive line of work too, especially for people who feel that there's no way out. Everyone I've seen enveloped in the drug dealing game has found themselves there because they were backed against the wall in one way or another. I've seen plenty of well-off kids piss their lives away on things like Oxycotin and Ecstasy, but they all hit bottom and found themselves working at Burgerville or a construction company, it's the people who 'need' something out of it that become enveloped in the dealings.[/quote]

10-15 grant is piss compared to what some (including I) made. I hate it when people say crime doesn't pay, I still know people who are in the dealings, they do something resembling work once every 2 weeks, and they make anywhere between 100K and a million the month. It's not a necessity here that's what I hate the most, everyone can get a more then descent job in Spain, and if not you get 4 years of unemployment checks, if in 4 years you don't have a job you simply don't want a job. The reason people do it over here (at least as far as I can tell) is ambition, wanting more with little to no effort. Understandable if you work 5 days a week 9 to 5 and have enough to pay the rent, eat , and go out for the occasional drink, when you're dickass supervisor, shows up for work 2 days a week, but can afford a Ferrari.